Administrative Assistant SR
Posted on: March 16, 2020
OverviewThis position requires an experienced and highly
professional administrative assistant to the Dean and coordinator
of special projects and events to work in a team-based environment
for the College of Science. This individual will assist the Dean,
Associate Deans and Department Heads with administrative support
and daily operations. In conjunction with the Dean, this person
will direct special projects and events. This position requires
strong organizational and project management skills with the
ability to see the "big picture" while managing the small details.
This position requires discretion in performing all aspects of this
job and superior attention to detail. This individual will create
and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency in
partnership with the Dean.ResponsibilitiesDean's Office Support
- Provides a professional, competent and friendly face to
faculty, staff, donors, and others contacting the Dean's
- Manages the calendars for the Dean, Associate Deans, and others
as designated. Answers phones and conducts email
- Prepares meeting agendas and develops timely and accurate
meeting minutes. Composes, prepares and proofreads letters,
reports, and other correspondence.
- Maintains a strong and productive working relationship with
staff, faculty, administration, and donors of the college.
- Coordinates logistics and information flow between the college
and its departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned and/or needed.Special
Projects/Events Support (35%):
- Under the direction of the Dean, the incumbent manages
logistical planning and execution of special projects and events
including: Spring Awards Banquet, Fall Convocation, Commencement,
- Ensures that organizational standards for selecting,
contracting and booking venues, vendors, and speakers are upheld at
- Directs special projects, events or initiatives as identified
by the Dean, Associate Deans, and Sr. Director of
- College administrator for promotion and tenure e-Dossier
system. Tracks faculty annual role statements and faculty annual
reviews. Reviews and maintains accurate records of tenured or
tenure-track faculty, tenure and promotion committees, third-year
reviews, and five-year reviews. Maintains accurate promotion and
tenure dates and post-tenure reviews.
- College administrator for Digital Measures.
- Ad hoc member of the science student council.Development
- Supports the college development officer including coordinating
development materials and events.
- Supports college-wide development and the Dean's office
scholarship areas, including, but not limited to, development
proposals, scholarship forms, gifts of appreciation, stewardship,
- 6 years of related work experience OR an associates--degree in
a related field plus 4 years of related work experience OR a
bachelor's degree in a related field plus 2 years of related
- High level of experience with planning and executing successful
special projects and events.
- Creative energy, self-starting, with the ability to manage
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively while building
lasting relationships with high-level administrators, the campus
community, and donors.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision, as
well as collaboratively and dynamically in team-based
- Strong management and organizational skills. Highly dependable
in all aspects including the ability to work efficiently and meet
- Critical thinker; ability to use logic and reasoning to
identify solutions and approaches to problems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Good judgment, decision-making and ability to deal discretely
with highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Positive background check.Preferred Qualifications:
- Successful experience as an executive administrative assistant
in higher education.
- Extensive experience in planning and executing major formal
events within USU.
- Experience with Digital Measures.
- Experience with e-Dossier.
- Knowledge of USU policies relating to faculty and the tenure
process.Required DocumentsAlong with the online application, please
attach:--1. Resume--to be uploaded at the beginning of your
application in Your Profile under Resume/CV2. Cover letter--to be
typed/pasted at the end of your application--**Document size may
not exceed 10 MB.**Advertised SalaryCommensurate with experience,
plus excellent benefitsADAEmployees work indoors and are protected
from weather and/or contaminants, but not, necessarily, occasional
temperature changes.-- The employee is regularly required to sit
and often uses repetitive hand motions.University HighlightsUtah
State University (USU) was founded in 1888 and is honored to be
Utahs land-grant and space-grant university. USU is a Carnegie RU/H
(Research University/High Research Activity) institution with
approximately 27,800 students (24,660 undergraduates and 3,140
graduate students) on the Logan main campus. Utah States statewide
system features eight campuses and 23 education centers and serves
all counties in the state with Extension programs. USU offers 165
undergraduate majors, 138 graduate programs, and a variety of
innovative stackable associate and certificate credentials.
Washington Monthly ranked USU 14th in their national university
rankings in 2019 and the 5th best public national university in the
nation in 2018. As one of the two premier research institutions in
Utah, USU is proud to provide a high-quality education at an
affordable price. Additional information about Utah State
University can be found here.--A core characteristic of USU is
engagement with communities and people in economic development,
improvements to quality of life, and human capital.--Through the
practical application of knowledge, the University and its faculty
engage and share expertise with the state, nation, and world,
preserving the historical land-grant tradition of partnering with
communities to address critical societal issues in the interest of
the public good.--The USU main campus is located in beautiful
Logan, Utah; a city of about 50,000 situated in a picturesque
mountain valley about 80 miles north of Salt Lake City. Outstanding
recreational opportunities abound in the nearby mountains and
proximate region. --USU recognizes and values the importance of
diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of
its employees and in supporting the universitys academic mission of
learning, discovery, and engagement. USU is an Equal Opportunity
employer and does not discriminate in any of its programs and
activities based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
age, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender
identity/expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or
any other status protected by University policy or local, state, or
federal law (https://equity.usu.edu/non-discrimination). The
following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries
regarding USUs non-discrimination policies: Executive Director of
the Office of Equity Alison Adams-Perlac,
email@example.com, Old Main Rm. 161, 435-797-1266; Title
IX Coordinator Hilary Renshaw, firstname.lastname@example.org, Old Main Rm.
161, 435-797-1266.For further information on the notice of
non-discrimination, you may contact the U.S. Department of
Education Office for Civil Rights, 303-844-5695,
OCR.Denver@ed.gov.Learn more at:--https://equity.usu.edu/. USU is
sensitive to the needs of dual career couples and provides a Dual
Career Assistance program to support careers for partners who are
also seeking employment.
Keywords: UNAVAILABLE, Logan , Administrative Assistant SR, Administration, Clerical , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!