Child Development Teacher
Company: Intermountain Healthcare
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Job Description:The Child Development Teacher interacts with
children and provides care and education to support their social,
emotional, cognitive, and physical development and safety.Job
- Pay Rate: $16.00 + depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: Part Time 24 hours per week Monday - Friday
variable shifts 6am to 6pm. Will help cover necessary shifts within
the department. Most weeks incumbent will work an average of 2-3
- Department: Child Development Center at Intermountain
Healthcare Logan Regional Hospital
- Additional Details: Experience working with children 6 weeks to
6 years is preferred.
Hours of operation at the Logan Regional Child Dev Center are
6:00am - 6:00pm, Monday - Friday.
Perks of Working for Intermountain
- Discounted transit / commuter pass
- Discounted Deer Valley Ski Resort tickets
- Meal discounts
- 24/7 on-site, state-of-the art fitness centers at many
facilities (about $5 per month) including group fitness classes at
- Health and Wellness Programs including a Live Well Incentive
- 401(k) 2% for all caregivers with additional matching up to
- Over 302,000 discount offers across 10,000 cities on everything
from pizza, the zoo, movie tickets, car rentals, and hotels
- Education Assistance (must be benefits eligible)
- Tuition Loan Assistance for full-time caregivers (available for
select positions), up to $3,000 per calendar year
- Education and Development Opportunities
- Employee Appreciation Events (including a yearly gift)
- Many facilities have full-service caf--s, gift shops, and ATMs
- CNA Scholarships and Tuition Assistance available for select
certification (must be benefits eligible + employed by
Intermountain Healthcare for 90 days) call 800-283-4550 (Option 2)
or visit https://www.gwcu.org/CNAScholarship
- Cell Phone Discounts (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile)
- Discounted Lagoon Amusement Park Tickets
This position works under broad guidelines with a great deal of
flexibility in providing care and activities for children.
1. Organizes educational curriculum and daily schedules that meet
the goals of the Child Development Center.
2. Warmly interacts with children using approved early childhood
education standards and immediately attends to the physical and
emotional needs of the children.
3. Observes and recognizes obvious difficulties individual children
are having mastering developmentally appropriate activities or
controlling difficult behavior and discusses possible actions with
supervisor and parents if needed.
4. Accurately and professionally maintains daily records as
required by State licensing including incident reports, attendance
sheets, and daily record sheets.
5. Observes, assesses, and documents children's progress in
achieving developmental milestones and activities and maintains
observation notes and other portfolio information on each child's
development to be shared with parents on a regular basis. Develops
appropriate curriculum activities based on children's needs and
6. Establishes a developmentally appropriate room environment that
is warm, nurturing, and safe and that stimulates learning and
7. Performs direct supervision of children in the classroom.
Must obtain CPR, First Aid Certification within 60 days of
- and -
Must obtain Food Handlers Permit within 60 days of hire.
Six months experience of in an early childhood program.
- and -
Successful completion of all state required background checks.
Associate degree. Education must be obtained from an accredited
institution. Degree will be verified.
- or -
Certificate in Early Childhood DevelopmentPhysical
Requirements:Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Pulling/Pushing,
Seeing, Sitting, Speaking, Standing, WalkingLocation:Logan Regional
HospitalWork City:LoganWork State:UtahScheduled Weekly
Keywords: Intermountain Healthcare, Logan , Child Development Teacher, Education / Teaching , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!