Posted on: April 10, 2021
Automation Engineer (Weekend Shift) 40 hours
Shift Differential- Weekend Full time hours
Help us improve access to life-changing therapies that can
transform human health
We are Cytiva, a global provider of technologies and services that
advance and accelerate the development and manufacture of
therapeutics. Formerly part of GE Healthcare, we have a rich
heritage tracing back hundreds of years, and a fresh beginning
Our customers undertake life-saving activities. These range from
fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines,
biologic drugs, and novel cell and gene therapies. Our job is to
supply the tools and services - the pots, pans, soups and sauces -
they need to work better, faster and safer, leading to better
What you ll do
The Automation Engineer leads and assists in the development of
process automation for manufacturing equipment used in the
production of sera and cell culture media, both liquid and dry
The design, building, programming, installation, commissioning and
validation of new control systems, along with maintaining and
upgrading existing control systems.
- Maintains and upgrades the facility infrastructure water
systems, HVAC, steam, etc.
- Installs and maintains electrical control systems, motors,
VFDs, valves and instrumentation.
- Develops and qualifies processes to improve product quality by
identifying manufacturing issues.
- Ensures regulatory compliance through Validation and
- Determines processes requiring validation, development of plans
and analysis criteria, execution and final analysis
- Provides safe processes that comply with all local and federal
regulations. Assures that corrective action is taken to resolve
observed safety concerns in all areas.
- Works with Production Technicians to resolve manufacturing and
quality problems related to methods, processes, tooling, equipment
and product design.
- Develops planned maintenance routines on production equipment
- Provides technical leadership of automation systems for the
maintenance and production teams.
- Works as a team/project leader or a team member on
Quality Specific Goals:
- Aware of and comply with the Quality Manual, Quality Management
System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable
laws and regulations as they apply to this job
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take
immediate corrective action as required.
- Drive continuous improvement on all related processes, work
instructions, and procedures to ensure ongoing standardization and
simplification of the Quality Management System.
Who you are
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering
or related technical degree; or an Associate s Degree and 3 years
experience in production, engineering, or troubleshooting of
PC/server based systems
- Programming skills: familiar with Ladder logic, Function Block,
STL, Boolean logic and higher-level programming languages such as
- Experience with PLC control systems (Allen Bradly, Siemens,
- Experience with automation networks: Device Net, Modbus,
Profibus, and Ethernet IP
- Experience with Electric Motor Control/Drive
- Familiar with LAN networking, switches, data cabling, and
- Demonstrated strong communication skills (written and
- Must be able to work 40 hours which will include Saturday and
Desired Manufacturing Experience and Characteristics
- B.S. degree (or higher) in electrical engineering or software
- Demonstrated troubleshooting, analytical and planning
- ISA-5.1 Instrumentation Symbols and Identification
- ISA-S888 Batch Control
- NEMA and IEC schematic diagrams
- Logix500/500 Programming
- FactoryTalk View ME/SE
- Project Experience
- ISO-13489 Machine Safe
- 21 CFR Parts 820, 210/211
Who we are
Whatever your role, we bring purpose and challenge into our
everyday work. If you are driven to make the world a better place
thanks to science and medicine, you ll feel right at home here. If
you re flexible, curious and relentless, you ll belong. If you are
excited about a global culture, this can be the place to further
Cytiva is a global life sciences leader with nearly 7000 associates
across 40 countries who are dedicated to our mission to advance and
accelerate therapeutics. As a trusted partner to customers that
range in scale and scope, Cytiva brings efficiencies to research
and manufacturing workflows, ensuring the development, manufacture
and delivery of transformative medicines to patients.
Cytiva is part of the Danaher family of companies, a global science
and technology innovator committed to helping customers solve
complex challenges and improving quality of life around the
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity
employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status,
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
other characteristics protected by law.
Apply Online Below
Keywords: Cytiva, Logan , Automation Engineer, Engineering , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!