Auto Technician (Logan Chevrolet)
Company: Murdock Auto Team
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Job DescriptionAuto Technician needed with 3+ years of
experience/training required and a specialty in automatic or diesel
transmissions. Murdock Chevrolet Logan offers competitive pay with
an awesome schedule. 4 days on and 3 days off option. Pay will be
determined by experience and can be increased with training, top
pay for top technician. We're offering the most competitive flat
rate pay in Cache Valley!Competitive benefits package, plus the
benefit of working a strong team in a company that promotes
growth.Represent the Murdock Auto Team brand standing in a league
of our own in the automotive industry by delivering on our No
Regrets promise through employee enthusiasm, guest experience, and
continual innovation and growth.Tasks:
- Performs maintenance to manufacturer specifications with
industry accepted work procedures using computers, tools, technical
manual(s); studies best practices to test parts and systems for
proper operation; replaces worn or faulty parts and components; and
communicates additional automobile maintenance needs for the best
operation of the guest's vehicle.
- Communicates with Service Advisers and the Service Manager
enthusiastically to complete their needs: utilize computer
equipment to diagnose to brand specifications; maintaining rapport
with co-workers and guests; suggesting repair options; and
responding to inquiries.
- Follow checklists and company processes to examine critical
operations and parts; repairs or replaces parts and components; and
identifies and recommends work procedures.
- Drive customer's vehicle carefully testing proper operation and
vehicle functions in both diagnosis and job completion reasons (as
needed); assess needs to communicate to service advisers, and
isolate problem in operation.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in ASE and Automotive
brand certification classes, state and federal automobile
inspection standards, county emissions programs, technical manual
reading, professional publications, and other educational
opportunities. Most manufacturer training classes are provided or
paid for by the Murdock Auto Team.
- Enhances Murdock Auto Team's reputation by accepting ownership
for accomplishing new and different guest requests, addressing
customer feedback, and additional job duties as assigned by
leadership.Skills:Proper operation of diagnostic equipment,
handling of tools, computer operation, teamwork, root cause
analysis, problem solving, adaptability to new technology, and
communication of solutions.Experience And Education:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Ability to read and comprehend automobile characteristics and
- 3+ years of experience in automobile service organization with
proven background customer service skills.
- Excellent communication and time management skills in
- Must be able to work as a team member in a fast-paced
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old and authorized to work in the
- State Inspection and County Emissions certification
preferred.Physical Requirements: Ability to walk; sit; use hands,
handle tools, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
Need ability to move around the dealership including service and
parts areas. The employee may be required to lift up to 80 pounds.
Work in shop area with other Technicians viewing vehicles from both
underneath and from above.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Murdock Auto Team, Logan , Auto Technician (Logan Chevrolet), Engineering , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!