Manufacturing Process Engineer
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Job DescriptionWhen you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, youll
be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for
exploration and discovery. With revenues of more than $22 billion
and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our
people the resources and opportunities to make significant
contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
US Logan, UT/Bioproduction
How will you make an impact?
Will identify, develop, and qualify manufacturing processes and
equipment for new products that are critical to developing
lifesaving drugs throughout the world.
What will you do?
The Manufacturing Engineer is expected to identify and implement
processes and equipment to meet the needs of new products under
development. Aspects include minimize cost, minimize scrap, meet
capacity and efficiency targets all in a safe manner.
- New process development, optimization, and
- Specifying, procuring, and qualifying new equipment as
- Identifying and optimizing material and process flows
- Design and procure dies, fixtures, and other tooling as
How will you get here?
BS Degree in engineering - mechanical, manufacturing, or materials
and 5+ years experience in manufacturing/process engineering or MS
Degree in engineering and 3+ years experience in
manufacturing/process engineering, or relevant technical years of
experience without degree. Must also have experience in CAD
software, Solidworks preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Experienced in manufacturing process and equipment development
- Controls experience desired
- ISO13485 experience a plus
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing Methods and
- Self-motivated and good problem solving skills using
investigative tools (5 Why, Fishbone, Fault Tree Analysis, 8D,
- Familiar with engineering standards, testing, SPC and
- Good technical writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- Proficiency in DOE and FEA and associated software
- Willingness to travel as required (
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary
minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our
singular missionenabling our customers to make the world healthier,
cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.comIf you are an individual
with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete
any part of our application process, click here for further
assistance.Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action
Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Logan , Manufacturing Process Engineer, Engineering , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!