Director of Financial Aid
Posted on: March 18, 2020
OverviewThe Director of Financial Aid reports to the Vice
President of Academic and Instructional Services (AIS). The
director leads employees of the Financial Aid Office within the AIS
Division, USU-Eastern, and USU Regional Campuses and Distance
Education, providing efficient service in a student-friendly
environment. The director ensures compliance with federal and state
regulations and university procedures regarding the awarding and
disbursement of federal, state, and university financial aid funds.
- Lead an extremely capable and experienced staff who are
committed to providing friendly, efficient service to students on
multiple campuses and centers throughout the state of Utah.
- Work collaboratively with the Admissions Office, Scholarship
Office, Registrars Office, Controllers Office, as well as deans,
department heads, and faculty.
- Manage ongoing financial aid complexities resulting from USUs
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations and
university procedures regarding the awarding and disbursement of
federal, state, and university financial aid funds.
- Oversee fiscal reporting to all appropriate federal and state
- Ensure policies and procedures are effective and
- Establish the proper mix of staffing for meeting the individual
needs of students.
- Administer appropriate cross-training programs to ensure timely
and efficient service.
- Coordinate financial aid issues, working with individuals,
groups, and agencies on an institutional, state, or national level
- Represent USU to federal and state aid agencies.
- Provide employees with professional development opportunities
that lead to a high-performance culture emphasizing empowerment,
quality, productivity, and goal attainment.
- Participate on various committees as
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in financial aid
- Bachelors degree.
- Experience with federal and state financial aid compliance
audits, budget management, and required federal and state financial
- Thorough knowledge of financial aid regulations and the ability
to interpret and implement new regulations in a timely manner.
- Experience developing and analyzing statistical data.
- Experience developing office policies and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel students with discretion,
honesty, and sensitivity.--Preferred Qualifications
- Experience at an institution of higher education of similar
scope and size as Utah State University.
- Previous administrative leadership experience.
- Masters degree.
- Familiarity with Banner student information system.
- Strong computer skills.Required DocumentsAlong with the online
application, please attach:--1.--Resume/CV--to be uploaded at the
beginning of your application in the Candidate Profile under
Resume/CV2. Cover Letter--to be typed/pasted at the end of your
application under "Cover letter"3. Answer the following
questions--at the end of your application under "Other documents":
- Describe your customer service experience and philosophy.
- Describe how you see Financial Aid interacting with other
units, such as Admissions and Registration.
- Describe your experience managing and analyzing data.
- What computer programs and applications are you familiar with
and comfortable using?**Document size may not exceed 10
MB.**Advertised SalaryCommensurate with experience, plus excellent
benefitsADAEmployees work indoors and are protected from weather
and/or contaminants, but not, necessarily, occasional temperature
changes.-- The employee is regularly required to sit and often uses
repetitive hand motions.University HighlightsUtah State University
(USU) was founded in 1888 and is honored to be Utahs land-grant and
space-grant university. USU is a Carnegie RU/H (Research
University/High Research Activity) institution with approximately
27,800 students (24,660 undergraduates and 3,140 graduate students)
on the Logan main campus. Utah States statewide system features
eight campuses and 23 education centers and serves all counties in
the state with Extension programs. USU offers 165 undergraduate
majors, 138 graduate programs, and a variety of innovative
stackable associate and certificate credentials. Washington Monthly
ranked USU 14th in their national university rankings in 2019 and
the 5th best public national university in the nation in 2018. As
one of the two premier research institutions in Utah, USU is proud
to provide a high-quality education at an affordable price.
Additional information about Utah State University can be found
here.--A core characteristic of USU is engagement with communities
and people in economic development, improvements to quality of
life, and human capital.--Through the practical application of
knowledge, the University and its faculty engage and share
expertise with the state, nation, and world, preserving the
historical land-grant tradition of partnering with communities to
address critical societal issues in the interest of the public
good.--The USU main campus is located in beautiful Logan, Utah; a
city of about 50,000 situated in a picturesque mountain valley
about 80 miles north of Salt Lake City. Outstanding recreational
opportunities abound in the nearby mountains and proximate region.
--USU recognizes and values the importance of diversity and
inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees
and in supporting the universitys academic mission of learning,
discovery, and engagement. USU is an Equal Opportunity employer and
does not discriminate in any of its programs and activities based
on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic
information, sexual orientation or gender identity/expression,
disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status
protected by University policy or local, state, or federal law
(https://equity.usu.edu/non-discrimination). The following
individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding USUs
non-discrimination policies: Executive Director of the Office of
Equity Alison Adams-Perlac, firstname.lastname@example.org, Old Main
Rm. 161, 435-797-1266; Title IX Coordinator Hilary Renshaw,
email@example.com, Old Main Rm. 161, 435-797-1266.For further
information on the notice of non-discrimination, you may contact
the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights,
303-844-5695, OCR.Denver@ed.gov.Learn more
at:--https://equity.usu.edu/. USU is sensitive to the needs of dual
career couples and provides a Dual Career Assistance program to
support careers for partners who are also seeking employment.
Keywords: UNAVAILABLE, Logan , Director of Financial Aid, Executive , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!