Quality Assurance Director
Company: Icon Health And Fitness
Posted on: March 10, 2019
We have an immediate opening for a Quality Assurance Director at ICON Health and Fitness. ICON Health and Fitness is the world leader in fitness equipment, both in quantity and quality. Providing product of the highest quality to our customers is a top priority at ICON. The degree of quality has a direct effect on the bottom line of the Company. This role is the catalyst for implementing change and seeing the fruits of that change.ICON Health and Fitness is located in beautiful northern Utah. It is head-quartered in Logan, Utah, in the center of Cache Valley, surrounded by majestic mountains on all sides. This setting provides endless opportunities for skiing, hiking, fishing, running, cycling, and other outdoor adventures. Logan is the home of Utah State University, rich in traditions of sports, culture, and entertainment.SUMMARYManaging the day to day activity of a busy, proactive, hands-on Quality Assurance Department. Responsible for a team of Regional Quality Assurance Managers, Chinese Auditing Team, Electronic Quality Assurance Engineers and the Mechanical Improvement Engineering team within the department. The team is based in Logan, Utah and also in the manufacturing locations in China. The role handles all the communication and quality issues associated with China and USA manufactured product for both International and Domestic US markets.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following.
- Have total focus on the cost of quality to the company and develop systems and processes to reduce and minimize those costs.
- Establish and maintain quality and reliability product standards by studying product and consumer requirements / feedback with other members of the team and with R&D Engineers and Testing Engineers. Need to be able to not only identify issues but be able to work as a team to provide solutions.
- Establishes and refine in-process product inspection standards by studying manufacturing methods; devising auditing methods, criteria and procedures.
- Assess the risk of a product produced and disposition the shipment of finished products from auditing, field and testing data. Must have the discipline to hold product of poor quality even though there may be pressure to ship.
- Direct the efforts and activities of the Regional Quality Assurance Managers to provide support to all manufacturing locations, and contribute to the ongoing improvement of quality, with the goal to reduce costs associated to quality for the company.
- Travel to Asia will be necessary, up to 3 or 4 times per year, in order to evaluate the quality process, participate in the solution of trending issues, and provide direction and training to QA personnel and factory leadership.
- Lead the Icon Quality Assurance Electronics department, providing the focus and direction for the team. Responsible for setting their targets and goals to improve components with the aim to enhance customer satisfaction and reduce the cost of quality associated with electronic components.
- Responsible for the day to day management of the Mechanical Continuous Improvement Projects, setting priorities and targets of areas for improvement. Monitor the projects within the team to assure targets are hit with on-time, on-budget, results.
- Provide data to enable key decisions to be made for the company with regard to investment in time, resource, product / component costs. Present the information to upper management, other department leadership, or to members of the QA team in a format that is clear and easily understood.
- Validate all projects and generate detailed return on investment calculations to confirm which projects are to be implemented. Then review post implementation results to determine effectiveness of the projects and verify the cost savings expected are realized.
- Ability to interact with all internal department Directors, Managers and Team members in problem resolution and creating the company strategy regarding quality directives, targets and product improvements.
- Maintain product quality by enforcing quality assurance directives and procedures; collaborating with other members of the team to continue the development of the Icon Health & Fitness Quality System.
- Prepares product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven experience as a quality assurance manager or relevant role
- Work experience within Chinese manufacturing
- Hands-on leadership of the team
- Ability to manage multiple projects and activities
- Experience in quality cost reduction for a company
- Ability to interpret data and analyze information to drive forward to a solution or improvement
- Experience in developing and managing a quality process / system
- Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards
- Excellent numerical skills and understanding of data analysis/statistical methods
- Great attention to detail and a result driven approach
- Proven ability to formally present data and other information to any given audience
- Enforcement of current quality processes and open door to implement improvements
- Hands-on experience with exercise or similar equipment is preferred
- Chance to travel to Asian factories and interact directly with operationsWe do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law."
Keywords: Icon Health And Fitness, Logan , Quality Assurance Director, Executive , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!