PRN Lab Assistant
Company: Utah State University
Posted on: June 16, 2022
PRN Lab Assistant
Requisition ID: 2022-5220
# of Openings: 1
Category: Health & Medical Professions
Position Type: Non-benefited (hourly) Part-Time
Job Classification: Non-Benefited
College: E Eccles Jones Coll of Ed & Hum Svs
Advertised Salary: $25.00 - $35.00 per hour
USU is currently hiring a PRN (as-needed) simulation and skills lab
assistant to assist in providing instruction to USU nursing
students. Scheduled hours would be variable, based on need each
semester, not to exceed 29hrs/week. The position is located at the
Logan campus. This is a non-benefited, ACA Variable position.
- Duties will include assisting in preparing the simulation and
skills labs, assisting with simulation technician duties and skills
lab sessions, with other duties as assigned by the
Clinical/Simulation Coordinator and other lab staff.
- Follows an approved course of student instruction with
measurable objective for each simulation and skills lab
- Assists with maintenance and submission of evaluations and
- Assists with regular maintenance and care of lab and simulation
- Assists with regular inventory of lab and simulation
- Interacts and supports students as needed.
- Assists nursing program in maintaining an effective
- Assists nursing program in maintaining effective practicum
- Maintains safe simulation and lab conditions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience with university-level nursing program
INACSL simulations, skills lab practice, skills pass-offs, and
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program.
- Minimum of one year clinical nursing experience.
- Active/unencumbered Registered Nurse license in Utah or Nurse
Licensure Compact (NLC) state.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions or work
- Excellent interpersonal abilities.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to build rapport with diverse
groups and personalities.
- Team player who excels at building trusting relationships with
faculty, staff, students.
- Productive worker with solid work ethic who exerts effort in
successfully completing tasks.
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys
information verbally and in writing.
- Dependable, responsible contributor committed to excellence and
- Self-starter who takes initiative with minimal
- Willingness to learn new skills or techniques.
- BSN or MSN degree.
- Certifications in simulation education or simulation
Along with the online application, please attach:
- Resume to be uploaded at the beginning of your application in
the Candidate Profile under "Resume/CV"
- Cover Letter to be typed/pasted at the end of your
**Document size may not exceed 10 MB.**
$25.00 - $35.00 per hour
Employees work indoors and are protected from weather and/or
contaminants, but not, necessarily, occasional temperature changes.
The employee is regularly required to sit and often uses repetitive
Utah State University (USU) was founded in 1888 and is Utahs
land-grant and space-grant university. USU is one of only 146
research institutions in the U.S. classified as R1 "very high
research activity" by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions
of Higher Education. As one of the two premier research
institutions in Utah, USU provides a high-quality education at an
affordable price. With its main campus in Logan, the university
serves approximately 27,500 students, including 24,255
undergraduates and 3,171 graduate students. USU Online has served
students from all 50 states and 55 countries for 25 years.
USUs statewide system features three residential campuses, 30 total
campus locations, and 23 Extension education centers. The
university employees 903 full-time faculty members, 124 executive
administrators, and 1,649 full-time support staff. USU offers 115
undergraduate majors, as well as 91 masters and 42 doctoral
degrees. Learn more about USU.
A core characteristic of USU is engagement with communities and
people in economic development, improvements to quality of life,
and human capital. Through the practical application of knowledge,
the University and its faculty engage and share expertise with the
state, nation, and world, preserving the historical land-grant
tradition of partnering with communities to address critical
societal issues in the interest of the public good.
The USU main campus is located in beautiful Logan, Utah, a city of
about 50,000 situated in a picturesque mountain valley about 80
miles north of Salt Lake City. Outstanding recreational
opportunities abound in the nearby mountains and proximate
USU is sensitive to the needs of dual career couples and provides a
Dual Career Assistance program to support careers for partners who
are also seeking employment.
USU endeavors to provide reasonable accommodations to ensure equal
access in all aspects of employment to qualified persons with
disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation for a
disability, please contact the universitys ADA Coordinator in the
Human Resource office at 435-797-0122 or submit a request at
USU Land Acknowledgment
Please visit our website to learn about Utah States land
acknowledgment of the eight tribes of Utah.
Notice of Non-discrimination
In its programs and activities, including in admissions and
employment, Utah State University does not discriminate or tolerate
discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a
protected veteran, or any other status protected by University
policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state, or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries
regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing
regulations and/or USUs non-discrimination policies:
Executive Director of the Office of Equity Matthew Pinner,
firstname.lastname@example.org, Old Main Rm. 161, 435-797-1266
Title IX Coordinator Hilary Renshaw, email@example.com, Old Main Rm.
For further information regarding non-discrimination, please visit
https://equity.usu.edu/, or contact:
U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for
Civil Rights, 800-421-3481, OCR@ed.gov
U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, 303-844-5695,
- updated 04/18/2022
To apply, visit
Keywords: Utah State University, Logan , PRN Lab Assistant, Healthcare , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!