Scheduling Specialist - CNAs and Nurses
Company: Sunshine Terrace Foundation
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Sunshine Terrace Foundation of Logan, Utah is seeking a
well-organized individual to plan and proactively manage the
schedules of our dedicated CNAs and Nurses.
* Fills open shifts for CNAs and nurses. Manages CNA attendance and
* A fair hourly wage at $18.50/hour or more depending upon
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
* Checks Kronos daily for To-Do Items. Communicates any shift swaps
or relevant changes to CNA Manager. All communication to be
executed in a timely manner.
* Creates and manages CNA and Nurse schedules, creates an open
shift calendar for staff and the CNA Manager.
* Communicates with PRN staff to build them into the schedule when
possible. Tracks PRNs fulfilling PRN requirements. Works with HR to
enforce PRN Policy.
* Is familiar with staff scheduling preferences and communicates
regularly with staff on preferences that can be accommodated.
Notifies staff when they cannot be accommodated.
* Maintains a running document of preferences and manages time off
* Updates Holiday and Weekend rotations with new hires.
* Updates Kronos with training shifts and notifies staff in a
* Copies New Hire training schedule to share with CNA Manager.
* Check for missed punches daily.
* Checks for late arrivals and no shows daily. Updates tracker for
late arrivals. Provides verbal warnings when necessary.
* Reminds employees to check timesheets prior to payroll.
* Completes payroll duties (incentives).
* Updates HR with any FT, PT, or PRN Status Changes on a regular
* Notifies HR of resignations.
* Notifies HR and CNA Manager of any performance issues.
* Communicates staffing needs to HR.
* Communicates on a regular basis with CNA Manager, ADON, DON, and
* Texts out for coverage of open shifts to Nurses and PRN CNAs
updates Kronos accordingly.
* Finds coverage for daily open shifts, moves staff around as
* May work on a wing to fill an open shift or to assist in further
training of staff.
* Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
* CNA certification
* 1-2 years CNA experience strongly preferred
* Prior scheduling experience preferred but willing to train
otherwise qualified candidates
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills
* Critical thinking skills
* Ability to multi-task
* Basic computer skills
Supervisory and Reporting Responsibilities
* Reports to Director of Nursing
* Must be able to sit, stand, walk.
Must be able to lift 75-100 pounds during patient transfers.
Shift Times: Approx. 10:00 am - 5:00 pm, M-F. Times and days may
vary some weeks due to staffing needs.
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this type of job, please
submit your resume or fill out our 3-minute, mobile-friendly
application. You can also text Mike @ 435.770.8247
Keywords: Sunshine Terrace Foundation, Logan , Scheduling Specialist - CNAs and Nurses, Healthcare , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!