Respiratory Therapist RRT-Eligible - Logan Regional Hospital
Company: Intermountain Healthcare
Posted on: November 24, 2018
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here.
Provide advanced-level respiratory care to patients designed to diagnose, evaluate, treat, manage, and control deficiencies and/or abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system within the prescription of the ordering physician. Acts as a resource to the CRT staff. The RRT may be responsible for special clinical projects or assignments as designated by leadership according to the needs of the department.
Essential Job Duties
- Maintains appropriate skill level to perform respiratory care procedures in response to patient's needs and physician orders within the Scope of Practice of the Respiratory Care Department.
- Evaluates, monitors and maintains patients care within established guidelines in the form of policies, procedures and protocols.
- Seeks for and evaluates information acquired from other members of the interdisciplinary team; patient, family, physician, nursing, support staff and others.
- Uses assessment information and critical thinking skills while assessing the respiratory status of assigned patients through physical exam, review of history/physical and response to ordered therapies.
- Communicates the patient care plan effectively to the patient, family, physician, nursing, support staff and others while maintaining a team focus.
- Independently performs the majority of procedures, assessments and interventions performed at the facility including advanced settings (as applicable). Participates within Clinical Program initiatives and processes and monitors outcomes.
- Supports and implements department or specialty care area projects or programs as identified.
- Supports standardization and implementation of department protocols, policies, and procedures for patient care delivery.
- Handles problems and / or concerns until they can dealt with by management as appropriate.
- Maintains, troubleshoots and adjusts respiratory care equipment and diagnostic equipment.
- Develops and implements patient education plan when needed in relation to respiratory disease and equipment related to admission and discharge.
- Communicates operational theory to other health professionals and recommends the most appropriate technology to maximize patient comfort and safety.
- Maintains timely, accurate records and documentation to satisfy department, hospital and legal requirements.
- Evaluates patient response to interventions through review of achievement of goals, clinical outcomes, patient and family satisfaction.
- Revises plan of care as indicated, and reassess changes as appropriate.
- Promotes the profession of Respiratory Care and acts as a resource, consultant and mentor to staff within department and patient care areas through development of others.
- Participates in quality improvement and research activities as part of the Respiratory Care Team to guide the development of standards of patient care.
- Entry Rate: Based on Experience
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: This is a PRN position with a variable schedule
- Department: Respiratory Therapy
- Additional Details: We have a PRN - Respiratory Therapist position open located at our Logan Regional Hospital
- Graduate of a NBRC approved Respiratory Therapist program from an accredited institution (degree will be verified).
- State License as a respiratory care practitioner.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Specific certifications as required (i.e. PALS, ACLS, NRP).
- Eligible to take the NBRC RRT exam.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.Location: US-UT-Logan
Activation Date: Tuesday, November 20, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, December 11, 2018
Keywords: Intermountain Healthcare, Logan , Respiratory Therapist RRT-Eligible - Logan Regional Hospital, Healthcare , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!