Student Health Center Receptionist
Company: Utah State University
Posted on: November 22, 2019
USU's Student Health Services department is looking for a
receptionist who is a caring, detail oriented team player to work
in the front office and help patients and staff with general office
- Assist patients arriving at the Health Center, greeting them
and directing them into the other areas of the Center Verify
eligibility of the patient to use the Health Center.
- Notify nurse of patient arrival and deliver medical
- Notify patients if delay in visit will occur, and assist nurse
in modifying schedule. Notify nurse if special conditions or
- Answer the telephone as needed, and assess needs of the
- Refer telephone callers to nurse, schedule visit as needed, or
provide other assistance as able. Notify physician or nurse
immediately if emergency or dangerous conditions exist.
- Screen for non-emergency calls. Take messages as
- Prepare and maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the
Health Center waiting area.
- Maintain confidentiality of the patients using the Health
Center and their personal and health information Maintain HIPAA
compliance in front desk transactions.
- Assist in determination and provision of insurance
- Assist in the training of work-study employees in proper front
- Other duties as assigned.*This position will only work during
the academic school year because of reduced hours in the summer at
the Student Health Center.
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys
information verbally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple
- Excellent interpersonal abilities.
- Team player who excels at building trusting relationships with
customers and co-workers.
- Productive worker with solid work ethic who exerts effort in
successfully completing tasks.
- Dependable, responsible contributor committed to excellence and
- Self-starter who takes initiative with minimal
- Willingness to learn new skills or techniques.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with patient
- Some office experience/customer service experience is
preferred.Along with the online application, please attach:
- Resume to be uploaded at the beginning of your application in
the Candidate Profile under Resume/CV
- Cover letter to be typed/pasted at the end of your
applicationDocument size may not exceed 10 MB.minimum of $12.00 per
hour Employees work indoors and are protected from weather and/or
contaminants, but not, necessarily, occasional temperature changes.
The employee is regularly required to sit and often uses repetitive
hand motions.Utah State University (USU) was founded in 1888 and is
honored to be Utahs land-grant and space-grant university. USU is a
Carnegie RU/H (Research University/High Research Activity)
institution with approximately 28,000 students (25,000
undergraduates and 3,000 graduate students) on the Logan main
campus, four regional campuses, two USU Eastern campuses, and 28
centers throughout the state. USU offers 162 undergraduate majors,
153 graduate programs, and a variety of innovative stackable
associate and certificate credentials. The 2018 rankings from
Washington Monthly ranked USU as one of the top 30 national
Universities and the 5th best public national university in the
nation. As one of the two premier research institutions in Utah,
USU is proud to provide a high-quality education at an affordable
price. Additional information about Utah State University can be
found at: https://www.usu.edu/about/at-a-glance/.A core
characteristic of USU is engagement with communities and people in
economic development, improvements to quality of life, and human
capital. Through the practical application of knowledge, the
University and its faculty engage and share expertise with the
state, nation, and world, preserving the historical land-grant
tradition of partnering with communities to address critical
societal issues in the interest of the public good.The USU main
campus is located in beautiful Logan, Utah; a city of about 50,000
situated in a picturesque mountain valley about 80 miles north of
Salt Lake City. Outstanding recreational opportunities abound in
the nearby mountains and proximate region. Additional information
about Logan can be found at:
recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in
enriching the employment experience of its employees and in
supporting the universitys academic mission of learning, discovery,
and engagement (https://www.usu.edu/president/missionstatement/).
USU is an AA/EO employer and does not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information,
sexual orientation or gender identity/expression, disability,
status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by
University policy or local, state, or federal law. Learn more at
https://equity.usu.edu/. USU is sensitive to the needs of dual
career couples and provides a Dual Career Assistance program.
Additional information can be found at:
ID: 2019-2156 Street: 8800 Old Main Hill Job Classification:
Non-Benefited Name: Student Affairs
Keywords: Utah State University, Logan , Student Health Center Receptionist, Healthcare , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!