Environmental Services Tech / Housekeeper
Company: Intermountain Healthcare
Posted on: January 4, 2020
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a
world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while
embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength,
innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live
the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here.
The Environmental Services Tech (Housekeeper) is an integral member
of the Intermountain team. They provide a comfortable and safe
healing environment for our patients by performing comprehensive
housekeeping tasks that ensure clean, sanitary and attractive
facilities. They follow standard procedures in the safe disposal of
infectious waste and trash and safely use cleaning chemicals in
accordance with Joint Commission and OSHA standards. They use
supplies appropriately and effectively and report problems with
equipment and with the facility in an appropriate and timely
manner. The Environmental Services Tech (Housekeeper) has the
opportunity to make a difference in the patients' lives every day
through their courteous and efficient service. They clean and
disinfect assigned areas using department cleaning procedures.
Please Watch this Video below to learn more about the Environmental
Service Tech position with Intermountain Healthcare:
Click on EVS Video or copy and paste into address bar
- Entry Rate: $13.25 + depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: This is a Night shift (PRN) position....Will be
scheduled as needed to help cover shifts due to sick calls,
vacations, etc, Working hours are normally 8:00pm to 4:30am and
11:00pm to 7:30am with rotating weekends and holidays.
- Department: Environmental Services
- Additional Details: PRN position (0-40 hrs/wk) located at Logan
- 401(k) with matching up to 4%
- Over 302,000 discount offers across 10,000 cities on everything
from pizza, the zoo, movie tickets, car rentals, and
- Education Assistance (must be benefits eligible)
CNA Scholarships and Tuition Assistance Available for select
certifications (Must be benefits eligible + employed by
Intermountain Healthcare for 90 days)
Call 800-283-4550 Option 2, or visit
Intermountain Healthcare now uses a video interviewing program to
help review and screen candidates. If you are moved onto the next
steps of the application process, you may get an email or text with
an invitation and instructions on how to complete your video
interview. Please make sure to check your spam folder as sometimes
these emails can get lost.
Essential Job Duties
- Cleans and disinfects assigned areas using department cleaning
- Uses cleaning chemicals properly according to Joint Commission
and OSHA standards.
- Understands procedures and properly disposes of infectious
waste and trash.
- Handles and cleans up emergency spills per department
guidelines as well as to Joint Commission and OSHA
- Operates and maintains assigned equipment according to
- Maintains work and storage areas following established policy
and procedures to ensure safety.
- Uses supplies appropriately and effectively.
- Reports problems with equipment and facility in an appropriate
and timely manner.
- Demonstrated communication skills to include reading color
coded labels and chemicals as well as following written and verbal
- Availability to work a flexible work schedule to meet the needs
of the department.
- Carrying, Lifting, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Speaking,
Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, Walking
- Professional housekeeping experience
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain
Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race,
ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability
and/or genetic information.
Location: US-UT-Logan, US-UT-Tremonton
Activation Date: Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Expiration Date: Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Keywords: Intermountain Healthcare, Logan , Environmental Services Tech / Housekeeper, Hospitality & Tourism , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!