Team Leader - Assembly/2nd Shift
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: May 19, 2019
When you re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you ll do
important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer,
protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your
work will have real-world impact, and you ll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
- Operates from established and well-known procedures under
general directions and minimum supervision.
- Make decisions that are made within prescribed operating and
casualty procedures and guidelines.
- Encounters recurring work situations of high complexity, with
occasional variations from the norm.
- Has the authority to control the operation of the value stream
and when necessary, the facility, and must do so in a safe manner
resulting in no accidents, and in compliance with all regulatory
requirements at all times.
- Effectively communicate information to supervisors and fellow
personnel, relative to the condition of the facility equipment and
personnel performance, and provide suggestions for problem
prevention / resolution.
- Perform duties in such a way as to create an optimum
- Responsible for monitoring the operations of the designated
manufacturing work stream on a shift basis.
- Oversees the activities of shift personnel to assure production
schedules are met.
- Supervise the activities of all personnel on assigned shift;
serve as the responsible Operations Supervisor on shift for
designated value stream.
- Serve as responsible Supervisor for site as needed.
- Assure that personnel issues or operational conditions are
properly dealt with during the shift, including but not limited to,
safety and medical emergencies, personnel issues, regulatory agency
interaction, and technical (process) issues. Update the appropriate
Operations Management to take appropriate corrective action.
- Coordinate the activities in production area(s) to meet
production goals, quality and cost objectives, including but not
limited to managing the deployment of personnel across all work
areas and prioritizing production schedules.
- Supervise the completion of routine inspections and regulatory
interaction. Plan as well as ensure that the operating and
maintenance staff handles hazardous materials and wastes in a safe
and environmentally responsible manner.
- Assist in the training of new shift personnel, as
- Provide input to employee performance management process for
- Manage the execution of special projects as assigned by
- May be required to perform other related duties as required
and/or assigned. Preferred Qualifications:
- Associate s degree in a technical or business field is
preferred. Knowledge of plant operations (manufacturing,
distribution, maintenance) required, as well as knowledge of cGMP
and safety (OSHA) regulations. Minimum Qualifications:
- Requires a minimum of 4+ years of manufacturing experience.
Knowledge of computer applications and current software is
- Ability to handle complex process, business, and personnel
- Ability to direct personnel to accomplish daily work as well as
periodic special projects. Excellent oral and written
communications skills required.
- Capable of working with area supervisors and managers and other
operations resources to address employee and process issues. May
interact with regulatory agencies (infrequently). At Thermo Fisher
Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique
story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission
enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of our application process,
click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
Associated topics: assemble, assembler, assembly, installation,
reassemble, re assemble
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Logan , Team Leader - Assembly/2nd Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!