Criminal Defense Attorney-Public Defender
Company: Cache County Corporation
Posted on: June 14, 2022
CACHE COUNTY PUBLIC DEFENDER RFQThe Cache County Public
Defender's Office is currently accepting resumes from qualified
attorneys who are interested in providing indigent defense services
as an independent contractor. -$102,000 per year
Public Defenders render legal services for all cases handled by the
Office of the Public Defender including felony and misdemeanor
criminal charges.Major Duties and Responsibilities include but are
not limited to.
- Serves as defense attorney for indigent criminal defendants and
other persons in civil cases who are entitled by law to assistance
- Prepares for and appears with clients at all pretrial and trial
proceedings and hearings.
- Conducts investigations; obtains formal and informal discovery;
develops a theory of the case; research legal issues, prepares,
files, and argues appropriate motions.
- Negotiate settlements or changes of plea.
- Interviews clients to evaluate evidence and assess strength of
- Analyzes charging documents, police reports and discovery
material and evidence for assigned criminal cases.
- Prepares trial briefs and conducts all phases of trial in
court, including jury trials.
- Recommends bond and participates in bond hearings.
- Reviews petitions for probation revocations.
- Participates in sentencing hearing
- Prepares motions for a new trial.
- Develops overall defense strategies.
- Comply with IDC grant requirements.
- Keeps current with the statutes, rules, and cases regarding
both procedural and substantive legal issues.Knowledge Skills and
- Knowledge of legal and court policies, procedures, practices,
terminology, and systems; state and federal laws; rules and
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of law
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in negotiation, problem-solving and decision-making
- Ability to remain flexible
- Client-oriented and customer service skills
- Capable of spotting and framing issues to advance the client's
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with clients, prosecutors, witnesses, and judges/
- Applicants must be licensed to practice law in the state of
Utah and be a member in good standing with the Utah State Bar
- Applicants will be evaluated based on relevant experience and
- Candidates may also be evaluated based on their performance in
an interview held with the managing public
defender.COMPENSATIONMONTHLY FLAT FEE OF $8,500. Applying Please
send a cover letter, resume, and professional references to -
Keywords: Cache County Corporation, Logan , Criminal Defense Attorney-Public Defender, Legal , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!