Segment Leader, Hardware and Controls - Santa Clara, Logan, or Waltham
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: February 14, 2020
When you?re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you?ll
do important work, and you?ll be valued and recognized for your
performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to
support you, you?ll find the resources and opportunities to make
significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
The BioProduction Division is one of the fastest growing businesses
in the company, supporting developers and manufacturers of
biological-based therapeutics and vaccines. In 2016, we crossed the
$1 billion annual revenue mark. With our portfolio of best-in-class
products that span the bioprocessing workflow from discovery
through large-scale commercial production, our business is driving
performance in bioprocessing through collaboration with our
customers. The full strength of our capabilities is realized when
integrated together in our customers' workflows to enable them to
simplify their operations and optimize processes and resources.
How will you make an impact?
The Segment Leader, Hardware & Controls is a global position
leading a team of Single Use Technology product managers to enhance
the Hardware & Controls portfolio with the development and
implementation of strategies to drive new product introduction and
overall portfolio health in the Single Use Technologies Business
for Thermo Fisher Scientific. The role reports to the Director of
Product Management and is responsible for the execution of
objectives and decisions for the specific portfolio segment. The
role is responsible for developing and executing marketing plans
that increase revenue and market share, driving product development
and the training on the products. This is a new role in a rapidly
growing business to help drive continued growth in
What will you do?
Product Life Cycle Management
- Lead product management team to develop the positioning
strategy for all products and services considering price, volume,
share and profitability.
- Lead cross-functional new product development teams and all
product management aspects associated with product definition,
product development, pricing, market introduction, sales tools,
training and promotion plans.
- Ensure assigned products are responsive to market needs,
driving continuous improvements where needed to maintain and/or
improve market penetration and share position.
- Monitor and assess competitive products and programs and as a
result develop and implement proactive strategies to strengthen the
portfolio segment?s competitive edge.
- Evaluate assigned portfolio for obsolescence and communicate
recommendations for cost effective product management.Product
- Conduct market research and voice of customer (VOC) and
validate data to drive decisions on development of product plans
and identification of new opportunities.
- Lead projects to evaluate and provide direction for growth
opportunities that leverage market trends and needs for integrated
solutions.Product Segment Performance
- Lead all product management related activities and champion
cross-functional activities to maximize overall product segment
performance including revenue growth, margin improvement, cost
reduction, quality and delivery.
- Establish product positioning recommendations and guidance in
the development of strategic marketing plans and programs related
to assigned products.
- Partner with the marketing operations team to develop
appropriate programs and collateral support including catalogs,
launch kits, sales communications, instruction sheets, etc., for
driving sales (web enabled).
- Analyze, interpret, and report out monthly management reports
in regards to product sales activity to budget, programs, market
and channel trends and competitionMarket Research and Competitive
- Conduct research and maintain relevant market data and
competitive intelligence. Interpret product/market information via
surveys, market/product analysis, focus groups and customer
- Generating competitive product analyses to identify
differentiators and inform development processes to aid in
developing winning products.
- Synthesize conclusions from research to communicate key
findings to other key stakeholders and drive action. How will you
This position requires a minimum of a BS or BA Degree. MBA or
advanced degree highly preferred
- 3 years specific experience w/ cell culture or bioprocessing
equipment and automation with 7 years? overall experience in
product planning and product life-cycle management including
experience with stage-gate product development processes.
- 10+ years overall experience and people management experience
- Demonstrated ability to conduct financial analyses, develop
financial models and interpret P&L statements as they relate to
the product portfolio.
- Strong technical capabilities consistent with market segment
and product category, experience in bioprocessing required.
- Experience working with customers, commercial teams and a
diverse range of sales channels strongly preferred
- Requires up to 30% travel including international. Knowledge,
- Proven ability to influence and lead convincingly, to drive
cross-functional teams to success in challenging and ambiguous
situations. Experienced working in a matrixed organization.
- Must work well with others ? inspires trust and open
communication amongst team members and peers. Passionately shares
Thermo Fisher Scientific?s 4i values.
- Global mindset, excellent communication and presentation
skills, including strong active listening skills.
- Results and proactive solution driven, the ability to think
critically to overcome potential business hurdles to complete
- Demonstrated ability to question the status quo and drive
change successfully. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our
70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission?enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Logan , Segment Leader, Hardware and Controls - Santa Clara, Logan, or Waltham, Other , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!