COVID-19 Investigator & Contact Tracer
Company: Utah State University
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Overview:Under the general direction of USU Emergency
Management, plan and implement the process of contacting and
interviewing individuals who have been infected with COVID-19,
identifying close contacts that they may have unknowingly exposed,
and providing those contacts with the information needed to monitor
their own health and prevent the continued spread of the
illness.Responsibilities:COVID-19 Disease Investigation and Contact
- Contact individuals who have been infected with a disease,
identify close contacts that they may have unknowingly exposed, and
provide those contacts with the information needed to monitor their
own health and prevent the spread of the illness.
- Inform and educate cases on quarantine/isolation
- Conduct interviews in a professional manner that reflects
emotional and cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Build rapport with cases
- Collect and record accurate information
- Coordinate contact tracing efforts with supervisor and/or team
- Prepare accurate and complete reports
- Ensure and protect confidentiality
- Attends all relevant trainings and direct support meetings
- Acts as a resource person by providing public health
information to general community.
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Work-flow process in Service Now.Shifts will be based on a
seven-day work week.
- 1st shift - Monday through Friday 9a.m. - 5p.m.
- 2nd shift - Monday through Friday 12p.m. - 8p.m. or Monday
through Thursday 10a.m. - 8p.m.
- Weekend Shift - Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday 11a.m. -
- General knowledge of statistical methods and terminology.
- Knowledge of community analysis and survey techniques, needs
assessment, and principles of community organization.
- General knowledge of epidemiology surveillance and data
collection methods including interview techniques, questionnaires
and statistical tools.
- General knowledge of motivational interviewing skills, risk
communication skills, and cultural sensitivity.
- Understanding of the medical terms and principles of exposure,
infection, infectious period, potentially infectious interactions,
symptoms of disease, pre-symptomatic and asymptomatic
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to
interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during
a time of crisis and distress.
- Resourcefulness in locating patients and contacts who may be
difficult to reach or reluctant to engage in conversation.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must be able to work well under pressure, manage multiple tasks
simultaneously, work well in team situations, meet deadlines,
provide customer service, strictly follow all confidentiality laws,
and be able to work independently on a day-to-day basis.Special
- Must have a flexible schedule and be available for work in the
late evening, early morning, weekends, and Holidays as job
- Johns Hopkins School of Medicine Contact Tracing Course -
current or able to obtain in the first week.
- HIPAA and FERPA training - Current or able to obtain in the
first week.Positions are subject to federal CARES appropriations
through March 2021. Continued employment is not guaranteed after
the current funding time period.ACA position-Health insurance will
be offered with this full time positionRequired Documents:Along
with the online application, please attach:1. Resume/CV to be
uploaded in the Candidate Profile2. Cover Letter to be typed/pasted
at the end of your application**Document size may not exceed 10
MB.**Advertised Salary: $15 per hour ADA:Employees work indoors and
are protected from weather and/or contaminants, but not,
necessarily, occasional temperature changes. The employee is
regularly required to sit and often uses repetitive hand
motions.University Highlights:Utah State University (USU) was
founded in 1888 and is honored to be Utah's land-grant and
space-grant university. USU is a Carnegie RU/H (Research
University/High Research Activity) institution with approximately
27,800 students (24,660 undergraduates and 3,140 graduate students)
on the Logan main campus. Utah State's statewide system features
eight campuses and 23 education centers and serves all counties in
the state with Extension programs. USU offers 165 undergraduate
majors, 138 graduate programs, and a variety of innovative
stackable associate and certificate credentials. Washington Monthly
ranked USU 14th in their national university rankings in 2019 and
the 5th best public national university in the nation in 2018. As
one of the two premier research institutions in Utah, USU is proud
to provide a high-quality education at an affordable price.
Additional information about Utah State University can be found
here.A core characteristic of USU is engagement with communities
and people in economic development, improvements to quality of
life, and human capital. Through the practical application of
knowledge, the University and its faculty engage and share
expertise with the state, nation, and world, preserving the
historical land-grant tradition of partnering with communities to
address critical societal issues in the interest of the public
good.The USU main campus is located in beautiful Logan, Utah; a
city of about 50,000 situated in a picturesque mountain valley
about 80 miles north of Salt Lake City. Outstanding recreational
opportunities abound in the nearby mountains and proximate
region.Notice of Non-discriminationIn its programs and activities,
including in admissions and employment, Utah State University does
not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment,
based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status
protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal,
state, or local law.The following individuals have been designated
to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its
implementing regulations and/or USU's non-discrimination
policies:Executive Director of the Office of Equity Alison
Adams-Perlac, firstname.lastname@example.org, Old Main Rm. 161,
435-797-1266Title IX Coordinator Hilary Renshaw, email@example.com,
Old Main Rm. 161, 435-797-1266.For further information regarding
non-discrimination, please visithttps://equity.usu.edu/, or
contact:U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary
for Civil Rights, 800-421-3481, OCR@ed.govU.S. Department of
Education, Denver Regional Office, 303-844-5695,
OCR.Denver@ed.govUSU is sensitive to the needs of dual career
couples and provides a Dual Career Assistance program to support
careers for partners who are also seeking employment.
Keywords: Utah State University, Logan , COVID-19 Investigator & Contact Tracer, Other , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!