Human Resources Manager
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: June 5, 2021
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
As a trusted advisor to the site, business and functional
leaders, you will consult and take action in the areas of talent
management, organizational design and development, performance
management, change leadership, employee relations, and
What will you do?
- Provide HR support, process knowledge advice and consultation
to assigned client groups including:
- Frontline managers and organizational leaders in areas such as
organizational assessment, succession planning, organizational
structure, and work force planning change management in order to
strengthen overall organizational capabilities.
- Coach managers and leaders on issues including application of
HR policies and processes, restructuring, and complex employee
- Conduct compensation analysis in partnership with subject
matter experts to determine local compensation needs and
Conduct employee relations investigations and provide
recommendations for resolution
- Responsible for site talent strategies and associated
Works with talent acquisition team to drive recruitment efforts
that support the long-term talent needs of the site and business.
Consults with managers and leaders to reassess and define hiring
needs and success profiles.
- Participates, leads and/or manages HR projects and initiatives
on the broader HR team leveraging the PPI methodology and tools as
appropriate. Examples include; temporary hiring processes,
onboarding, community outreach, etc.
- Partners with stakeholders or a leadership team to review and
analyze EIS results and identify priority areas for improvement,
enabling managers to implement action plans to improve and sustain
optimal involvement levels among colleagues.
- Ensures alignment of HR processes i.e. Performance Management
and Development (PMD), Performance Calibration, Compensation
Planning, etc. with strategic and operating goals.
- Participates in the broader North America Regional HR team to
drive core, common and consistent HR solutions such as process
improvement as well as participating in other broad scale HR
projects and initiatives as needed.
- Collaborate with Centers of Excellence Process Experts to
execute and implement large scale HR initiatives (i.e., roll out
annual programs, new programs/policies, etc.).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How will you get here?
- Associate's degree, BA preferred
- 10+ years of related experience in related HR roles
- Experience working through complex and sensitive employee
- Demonstrated success managing multiple stakeholders
- Experience supporting large change initiatives
- Demonstrated success translating business strategies into
organizational and HR initiatives that yield positive results
- Experience in a fast-paced, matrix environment preferred
- Excellent MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Comfortability working in ambiguous situations and adaptable to
- Keeps commitments; exhibits candor and courage - is not afraid
to establish a visible presence and point of view, to engage in
spirited and constructive debate, to hold others accountable.
- Must model the highest degree of moral and ethical behavior and
maintain confidential information
- Contributes as a valued team member and colleague with leaders
at all levels
- Demonstrates personal awareness and desire for continual
learning and personal development
- Strong action orientation with a high degree of initiative
- High degree of autonomy and strong decision-making skills.
- Must possess the presentation skills and professionalism to
project a professional image, both internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications
- Future geographic mobility preferred
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story
to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling
our customers to make the
world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Logan , Human Resources Manager, Other , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!