Company: University of Miami Health System
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The UHealth Department of Dermatology has an exciting
opportunity for an Administrative Assistant. The Administrative
Assistant performs a variety of clerical functions and office
support activities for assigned department(s) to facilitate the
efficient operations of the office.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS - 60%
Supports department and/or department leadership with daily
clerical tasks. Prepares basic reports, charts, budgets and other
presentation materials. Responds to routine inquiries from external
or internal sources with standard correspondence or other
messaging. Plans meetings and takes detailed minutes, as needed.
Answers phone calls, provides information to callers or connects
callers to appropriate staff. Schedules appointments and updates
calendars. Makes travel arrangements and reservations for
department leadership and staff, as needed. Composes and types
correspondence, such as informative materials; creates spreadsheets
and presentations. Greets and provides general support to visitors.
Develops and maintains department filing system. Adheres to
University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be
all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or
responsibilities as necessary.
Department Specific Functions 40%
1. DEMOGRAPHIC and CLINICAL INFORMATION
- Obtain request forms from Lab, assure that biopsy numbers are
in consecutive order and are accounted for.
- Enter patient demographic information in Power Path computer
- Enter clinical description and grossing measurements for each
specimen in Power Path.
- Contact referring physicians office if missing
- Review daily work queues and resolve pending information in
order for claims to be released to billing division.
- Obtain biopsy request forms and tapes from
- Enter biopsy number in system and pull up demographic
- Enter any canned macro codes in system. Edit macro text if
- Transcribe dictation for each biopsy. This will include, but
not limited to, the diagnosis, microscopic findings
dermatopathologist interpretation and notes to referring physician
regarding the specimen.
- Send all the transcribed path reports through spell check
function. Add any new terminology to the dictionary after the
spelling as been verified in the Medical and Dermatology Dictionary
or other source.
- After entire days transcription has been completed, place
biopsy reports in numeric order and place on Dermatopathologists
desk for sign out.
- All tapes are to be dated and held for two working days, after
which time they can be erased and re-used.
- After Dermatopathologist has signed out all reports, put
request forms and reports in numerical order, attach a copy of the
biopsy count list and forward to Billing Registration office.
3. GENERAL OFFICE and CLERICAL
- Answer telephones, assist caller or re-direct call.
- Record request for courier services in Log.
- Coordinate with Manager of Lab for off-hour courier
- Prior to clock out ensure printer is loaded with letterhead
4. REQUEST FOR SLIDES & REPORTS
- Prepare all paper work and select slides for consults that are
sent out and record in lab log and file copies in consult
- Review consult binder every Friday to determine if slides are
- Contact lab where consult was sent to request that
slides/blocks be returned.
- Record return slides in lab log and in consult binder and
5. DAILY LOGS AND REPORTS
- Print daily specimen log.
- Print case back log report for doctors and check cases that are
pending for deepers.
- Print the diagnosis analysis report on UMHC/MOHS, fax to
medical record with the reports.
- Maintain Quality Assurance logs
6. FILING & MISCELLANEOUS DUTIES
- Schedule non-patient related appointments and meetings for
- Make travel and registration arrangements for conferences
- File all correspondence for dermatopathologists.
7. Other related duties as assigned
High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum 1 year of relevant experience. Any appropriate combination
of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- General knowledge of office procedures and operations
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files,
reports and correspondence
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention
- Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
Keywords: University of Miami Health System, Logan , Administrative Assistant, Other , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!