Production Technician - Weekday Grave/ Assembly
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Job Title: Production Technician - 3rd Shift / Assembly
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
This is a Grave Shift position. The hours are Monday - Wednesday
and every other Thursday from 6:00 p.m.- 6:15 a.m., with
possibility for overtime.
How will you make an impact?
You will be responsible for the manufacturing, assembly, and/or
packaging of BioProcess Containers in a clean room environment. As
a Production Technician, you will carry out the production process
by closely following the Standard Operating Procedures, Work
Instruction Documents and blueprints or drawings as they relate to
assembly, materials handling, equipment operation, and finished
goods packaging. This position requires following cGMP (Current
Good Manufacturing Practices) and working in a fast paced team
What will you do?
- Following all safety requirements and cGMP requirements
- Following work instruction document, standard operating
procedures and standard works
- Assembling product using specific written instructions,
blueprints and drawings
- Record correct and accurate documentation in Production Control
- Perform inspection of in-process and finished product
- Participate in PPI (Practical Process Improvements), Lean and
Continuous Improvement activities including 5S activities
- Assist in training function of co-workers and mentoring
- Daily Schedule adherence
How will you get here?
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years production experience (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Good verbal/written communication
- Ability to follow complex procedures
- Adherence to Good Manufacturing Principles
- Ability to work in a team environment
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Ability to work in a fast paced controlled cleanroom
environment up to 8 hours a day with additional overtime as
- The Clean-room is controlled at greater than 30% humidity with
a temperature between 60 and 70
- The Clean-room has some ambient noise.
- Specific gowning is required including: gloves, hair & beard
net and face cover, safety glasses with no makeup / jewelry, and
- Position requires forceful gripping/grasping and repetitive
motion including pushing and pulling
Ability to use PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and
understand chemical hygiene including labels and SDS (Safety Data
Sheets), common chemicals are disinfect, solvents and IPA
(Isopropyl Alcohol 70% and 99%)
- Ability to stand and move about including reaching, bending,
- Ability to use hand tools and equipment including forceful
gripping, grasping, pushing, pulling and repetitive motion
- Ability to infrequently lift and manipulate up to 40 pounds
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Logan , Production Technician - Weekday Grave/ Assembly, Other , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!