Are you meticulous and detail-oriented? Do you love grammar and
writing? Juniper Systems is looking for a talented copywriting and
editing intern to help write, edit, and finalize written marketing
content for our blog, website, and partners. You'll work closely
with our in-house marketing team, product managers, and graphic
designers along the way as you help create engaging marketing
materials for our sales team, partners, and customers.
If you want to gain incredible work experience while working
with a great team of marketing professionals, come intern at a
growing company with a culture dually focused on hard work and
play. Candidates should be working toward or completed a college
degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, technical
writing, English, or a related field.
Please include writing samples or links to writing samples along
with your resume when applying for this position.
This position is responsible for the writing, editing, and
delivery of impactful marketing content across multiple platforms.
As the copywriter and editor intern, you'll play a vital role in
writing, publishing, and maintaining written content for our blogs,
website, and other marketing materials.
Our ideal candidate is not only a skilled writer but also
enthusiastic about learning and leveraging SEO to effectively reach
customers. Our blog is a powerful tool for our sales team and our
future and existing customers. This writing-focused role will help
maintain that tool and keep its content up to date. Primary
individual responsibilities for this position fit into the
- Content writing and editing - blog articles, case studies,
literature, press releases, etc.
- Content optimization, leverage, and distribution - SEO, email,
- Team collaboration, research writing topics, and other
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with in-house content specialists to carry out the
creation of informative blog posts for both Juniper Systems and our
- Research, organize, write, and optimize a variety of effective
and engaging content pieces
- Help to manage our company blog
- Familiarize yourself with content-related SEO best practices to
optimize each content piece for search
- Work with our technical writing team to manage an up-to-date
writing style guide to maintain consistency in style, tone, and
- Utilize the marketing team's project management tool to track
the status and progress of projects
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Strong writing skills that provide the ability to maintain an
engaging, fun, and professional company voice. At least two writing
samples are required
- Passion for creative thinking, developing new ideas, and
gathering and organizing information into engaging content
- An entry-level understanding of SEO and blog-style writing
- Graduated with or is currently working towards a marketing,
public relations, journalism, technical writing, communications, or
another relevant degree is preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Associated Press writing style and stylebook knowledge is a
very big plus
- Must be self-motivated without the need for continuous
supervision and deadline-driven
- Ability to give and take constructive feedback
Working Hours and Conditions:
This is a part-time internship. The expected working hours per
week is 20. Working days are Monday through Friday. The schedule
for this position will be decided by the hired candidate and their
supervisor. Weekend work is not required. This type of job requires
minimal physical exertion.
This position requires sitting for extended periods of time, use
of hands for typing, and occasional reaching. Requires the ability
to talk, see, and lift up to 50 pounds.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of
work being performed in this job function. This is not intended to
be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional
responsibilities may be assigned by Juniper Systems.
Juniper Systems, Inc. is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER