Supply Chain Demand Planner
Company: ELITechGroup, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Responsible for optimizing all supply chain activities to
support strategic objectives. Uses analytical and quantitative
methods to understand, predict, and enhance supply chain
processes.Balances forecasts of customer demand against inventory
levels, supplier deliveries, and production schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for reviewing MRP, sales forecasts, and customer
orders while proactively compiling, monitoring and managing
inventory to ensure adequate stocking levels recognizing shortages
and deficiencies. Will be required to adjust planning parameters to
match bill of material needs to successfully meet supply
- Assembles data, analyzes performance, identifies problems, and
develops recommendations which support supply chain management
planning and operations.
- Develops and maintains databases to prepare reports for the
supply chain team.
- Leverages problem solving skills and frameworks to develop
solutions in a creative way.
- Identifies underperforming areas in the supply chain and
suggests improvements or resolutions to problems.
- Prepares finding reports, illustrating data graphically and
translating complex findings into written text, PowerPoint or other
- Develops, optimizes and constantly reviews safety stocks and
inventory levels to align with company goals and objectives.
- Works to minimize excess and obsolete inventory.
- Works with the purchasing department to determine lead times of
the supply and optimum lot sizes.Identifies lot sizes that will
minimize inventory carrying costs, freight and overhead
- Regularly works with Production, Reagent Production,
Purchasing, R&D, Customer Service, Sales, Shipping, and QC to
ensure customer needs are met.
- Creates Production Order packets and sends them to the
Production Supervisor, Reagent Production Supervisor, or Shipping
Supervisor so product can be manufactured.Creates, assigns,
receives, and back flushes Production Orders.
- Identifies Production Order part shortages, prepares purchase
requisitions, and submits requests to Purchasing with expected
quantity and delivery schedule so raw material and finished goods
can be purchased.
- Recommends improvements to process, working conditions, and the
flow of information.
- Participates in daily, weekly, and monthly planning meetings as
necessary to understand and communicate priorities.
- Participates in and helps oversee annual physical
- Assists with related special projects, as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, Operations
Management, or similar discipline.
- Three years related experience in a manufacturing
- APICS certification preferred.
- Advanced to xxpert level Excel skills.
- Aptitude for data analytics and data driven decision
- Strong understanding of MRP, Production Scheduling, and
Keywords: ELITechGroup, Inc., Logan , Supply Chain Demand Planner, Other , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!