QC Specialist II - 3rd Shift/Assembly
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
This is a 3rd Shift role, Monday - Friday from 10:30pm to
How will you make an impact?
Our employees share a common set of values - Integrity,
Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year
after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain
world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in
our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the
world healthier, cleaner and safer.
What will you do?
The Quality Specialist II is responsible for giving direction in
the Inspection of BPCs (BioProcess containers) in a highly
regulated production environment. A Specialist II must manage
workflow for quality to efficiently achieve team goals and fully
utilize quality and production resources. A Specialist II must be
able to motivate and inspire the team with an emphasis on
continuously improving quality processes in order to adapt to
changing customer needs in a dynamic and profitable industry.
- Coordinate the activities in production area(s) and Quality
Control with the Team Lead and Production Spec II to meet
production goals, quality and cost objectives.
- Manage the deployment of Quality Control personnel across all
work areas, prioritizing Quality and department schedules.
- Direct a team of QC Associates and QC Specialists.
- Perform First Piece inspection.
- Inspect simple and complex BPC Assemblies to drawings,
specifications and procedure requirements.
- Maintain good documentation practices.
- Entering FTQ and FPI Data.
- Verify and destroy controlled labels used for production
- Train QC Associates and QC Specialists.
- Participate on special projects as assigned by Quality
- May be required to perform other related duties as required
How will you get there?
- High School diploma or GED required
- 1 year Specialist experience (preferred).
- Knowledge of computer applications and current software is
- Handle complex processes independently.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Direct personnel to accomplish daily work as well as periodic
- Excellent oral and written communications skills required.
- Advanced interpretation of drawings and special
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Pass eye test to Purdue job standards for Group #2 (Inspection
and Close Machine Work)
- Ability to work with production personnel to ensure good
quality and workflow.
- Extensive knowledge of BPC film, Tubing and Components, and
familiarity with their common associated defects.
- Ability to train and coach individuals.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to achieve goals under pressure.
- Objective thinking and rational decision making.
- Ability to accept and use constructive criticism to improve
This position does not offer relocation benefits
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Logan , QC Specialist II - 3rd Shift/Assembly, Other , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!