Controls Engineer II
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
When your part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information: Logan, Utah /
Electrical Engineer II or Controls Engineer II that will design
improvements, document and assemble, test, and validate
improvements on existing and new equipment for clean room
applications. It may require hands-on control panel wiring along
with in-person troubleshooting.
- Design, document, assemble and test modifications to existing
equipment, debug and qualify new equipment, electro-mechanical
systems, control panels and controls systems.
- Engage and support both local design/build machines and
potential for minor remote project involvement at vendors where
they are responsible for design/build.
- Provide hands-on control panel wiring and remote
- Understand, initialize, design, trouble shoot and repair AC and
DC drives and controllers.
- Tune AC and DC motors.
- Understand and be able to program PID control logic.
- PLC programming, HMI programming, vision system
- Potential for robot programming.
- Support the development of electrical power and control systems
that meet EMI and electrical safety compliance requirements and
support compliance testing. Conduct problem solving when needed to
current and new designs to meet compliance standards.
- Support and understand how to design panel to meet EMC emission
- Develop, design, & test simple-to-complex automation systems
for OEM manufacturing.
- Work with Mechanical Engineers as needed for mechanical
integration of electrical assemblies (e.g., cabinetry,
instrumentation, enclosure design, etc.) to complete projects and
- Document schematics, panel layout drawings, BOMs, ROHS document
certification, UL, ETL, CE certificate of compliance and CE
- Be accountable for assigned project deliverables, including
product quality and schedule integrity.
- Track progress and review project tasks to make certain
deadlines are met appropriately.
- Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet
productivity, quality and customer goals.
- Proactively communicate project status, issues & risks to the
project team and to management.
- Oversee review of product design engineering for compliance
with engineering principles, organization standards, and related
user requirement specifications.
- Work collaboratively with Operations to ensure seamless and
successful transition of engineering projects into production.
- Support to establish an environment where continuous
improvement is fundamental to the culture.
- Able to travel as needed to other Single Use Technology sites
and vendor sites.
Education / Experience
- M.S.E.E. AND 2 years of system integration and
commercialization design experience as an electrical engineer; OR
B.S.E.E. AND 3 years of system integration and commercialization
design experience as an electrical engineer
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to create P&ID designs and documentation
- Ability to configure Ethernet network and devices
- Ability to create, read and understand electrical schematics
and manufacturing drawings.
- Ability to write user manual and maintenance procedures.
- Ability to program HMI and PLC computers
- Ability to create and modify CAD drawings
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross functional
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Experienced in management of BOMs and working within UL, ETL,
- Familiar with NEC standards contained in NFPA70
- Proficient in programming some of all the following or similar
applications: RSLogix 500 / 5000, Wonderware InTouch, FactoryTalk
View HMI, or Servo drive programming
- Comfortable working on small projects lasting a few days and
large projects extending over one year
- Advanced or additional degree in a related discipline
- Ability to program robots
- Instrumentation, data acquisition and data analysis
- Proficient in AutoCAD Electrical and/or SolidWorks
- Familiar with SolidWorks
- Familiar with ePDM
- Familiar with Master Control
- Familiar with NEC standards contained in NFPA70 and NFPA79
- Proficient in programming with the following: Yaskawa Servos,
Lab View, MATLAB, MiniTab or JMP
- Experience with qualification protocol generation and
- Knowledge of cGMP, cGDP
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000
extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Logan , Controls Engineer II, Other , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!