Company: 3rd Gen Machine
Posted on: January 13, 2022
SUMMARY Responsible for setup horizontal and vertical CNC
machines to produce precision metal parts. Produces prototypes,
small or large volumes of metal parts. Ensure products meet precise
specifications. We are a high volume manufacturing facility in the
sporting goods industry that strives for quality, customer
satisfaction, continuous improvement, and employee morale. We are
looking for a candidate with very well maintained attention to
detail, problem solving, team work and math skills. ESSENTIAL
- Set-up moderately complex jobs on computerized numerical
control (CNC) machines to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts
and fits and assembles machined parts into complete units, applying
knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics,
machine ability of materials, and layout techniques. Able to run
multiple machines at one time.
- Review and understand blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals,
specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and
tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and set
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools,
attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as mills,
grinders, and tooling pre-setter.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors, such
as speed, feed, coolant flow and enter command to retrieve, input
or edit computerized machine control media; observes machine
operation to detect malfunctions or out-oftolerance machining and
adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of
machine settings to programmed control data ensuring functionality
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or
out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control
media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications,
using precision measuring instruments.
- Responsible to assist in the training of personnel as
- Confers with design, production personnel, programmers or
others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Complete essential documentation as required
- Assure all policies and procedures are followed and safety
precautions are taken to reduce the risk of injury.
- Maintain a clean work area and assure safe operation of all
- Must be available on reasonable notice for unscheduled overtime
to meet production schedules.
- EXPERIENCE/ EDUCATION: Required : High School Graduate or
equivalent. Preferred : Trade/Vocational Certificate from machining
school or Associates Degree in related field. Required SKILLS:
- MUST HAVE 1+ years CNC machining experience with demonstrated
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
- Ability to read blueprints.Knowledge of GD&T.
- Complete knowledge of G-Codes.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to read and write English and good attendance.
- Capable of lifting twenty-five (25) pounds and working,
standing and walking for extended periods in controlled,
semi-controlled and ambient machine shop and manufacturing
Keywords: 3rd Gen Machine, Logan , CNC Machinist, Other , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!