Company: WinCo Foods
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Join our Winning Team today and start your ownership
journey!WinCo Foods is a rapidly growing family of over 130 grocery
stores, complete with our own distribution centers and
transportation network. Were proud to operate across 10 states west
of the Rockies with more than 20,000 employee owners.At WinCo Foods
we act like owners because we are! We believe, as the Low Price
Grocery Leader, that we make the lives of the communities where we
operate better by giving them the best possible prices to feed
their families and by focusing on the success, well-being and
diversity of our employee owners.Currently, WinCo is the third
largest Employee-Owned company in the United States and is #46 on
the Forbes.com list of largest privately owned companies. Did you
know that WinCo has more than 500 millionaire employee-owners in
our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)? Once eligible, you can
start your journey to ownership with an annual gift of stock
equaling 20% of what you make each year. (ESOP available at most
locations and subject to vesting, check the locations Summary Plan
Description). WinCo Foods offers the very best benefits in the
industry, with low cost, high quality medical benefits with rates
as low as $35 a month, enrollment in our ESOP after 6 months,
career advancement opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave,
competitive wages, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance,
discount program and even voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance!Job
SummaryAssist customers in the seafood department by providing
over-the-counter service and assisting customers with questions and
orders. Operates and maintains the seafood area, prepares the area
for seafood sales. Receives inventory, verifies receipt of ordered
product and stocks in designated areas. Consistently provides
friendly, courteous customer service to internal and external
customers. Performs other related work.Typical Duties and
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank
customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic
customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the
- Maintains and encourages an atmosphere of fast, friendly
courteous customer service by serving customers from all department
service cases by taking orders, answering questions and suggestive
- Inspects all seafood product for quality and freshness, rotates
and transfers back stock to clean iced luggers. Follows all Food
Safety Handling rules as applied to proper receiving and rotating
of raw and cooked seafood.
- Handles frozen product, fresh seafood, cuts and prepares all
seafood products required for total daily sales according to SOP
(e.g., salmon, halibut, etc.) for purchase or selling.
- Prepares case by pulling product out of the case, re-icing the
case, putting the product in fresh pans, rotating product, putting
product back, filling, etc.
- Displays frozen items by bringing out case goods from the
freezer, repacking & over wrapping, weighing and pricing product
out, and placing in the desired location. Ices fresh freight by
putting it in luggers, unpacking, etc.
- Re-packs freight by bringing luggers out, draining water and
putting in new ice.
- Merchandises the frozen seafood and refrigerated self-serve
seafood areas while insuring proper rotation and code dates.
- Merchandises the fresh seafood display cases by following the
SOP standard for fresh fish display.
- Places proper signage on all products which includes pricing,
description, code dating, and COOL information on all required
- Assist in the Deli Department when required and after all
primary duties have been completed, including covering breaks and
lunches in the Deli Department when needed.
- Maintains a constant awareness of customer and employee safety.
Ensures the department/area of responsibility is kept clear of
excess carts, baskets, garbage, etc.
- Maintains cleanliness, organization and eye-appeal of the
seafood sales and frozen and fresh seafood storage areas, equipment
and displays according to company policy and legal
- Cleans and maintains department equipment by breaking down and
reassembling equipment, operating dish washer and hand washing
dishes, cleaning all appropriate parts with sanitizing
- Maintains clean and sanitary department by washing parts,
tables and wrapping stations; taking trash and paper to the
appropriate balers; sweeping and mopping floors and coolers;
cleaning and maintaining glass display counters on the inside and
- Receives inventory, stocks, verifies receipt of ordered product
- Follows strict sanitary guidelines and completes associated
- Fill department racks/shelves, displays, coolers, handle and
use cleaning materials, department machines and equipment, perform
other department duties as needed or directed.
- Stocks and rotates merchandise in any area of the store as
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.RequirementsAbility
- Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal
and external customers.
- Work varied hours primarily between the hours of 6:00 am to
10:00 pm in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and
- Perform all duties described in the deli clerk job description
- Demonstrating initiative and self-direction to perform a
variety of simultaneous skills (multi-tasking).
- Properly use cleaning chemicals in accordance with manufactures
guidelines and instructions.
- Handle refrigerated and frozen food products and enter frozen
and cold storage areas.
- Perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide) and
compute weights and measures.
- Properly handle food products per State and County laws, and
- Wear hat, hair net and other protective clothing.
- Effectively communicate with superiors concerning goals and
- Reach, lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and
weights up to 60 lbs. frequently.
- Stand for long periods of time, walk and move rapidly, bend,
stoop, twist and turn frequently.
- Perform duties with mental alertness involving potential
hazards with respect to related procedures, machines, equipment and
- Understand state & federal regulations if certification is
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.Additional
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws)Machines and
- Refer to the deli clerk job description for complete list.The
above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees
must comply with company policies and applicable laws. The
responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel
may vary.As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversityfrom our
variety of perspectives and wide range of experiencesis essential
to our strategy and success. We are committed to continue to
cultivate and celebrate an inclusive environment in which all
employees are valued and respected regardless of their race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran, or disability status.Requisition ID: 2022-102325
Street: 1341 Main Street Salary Type: Hourly Vacation Eligible: Yes
External Company URL: https://www.wincofoods.com/ Post End Date:
Keywords: WinCo Foods, Logan , Seafood Clerk, Other , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!