Company: Space Dynamics Laboratory
Posted on: July 25, 2019
Space Dynamics Laboratory is growing exponentially and needs to
strengthen our team to analyze and plan availability of material
for new projects and associated hardware fabrication.
The successful candidate will implement, plan, schedule,
coordinate, and expedite flow of materials, parts, and assemblies
according to a master program schedule. Effectively work with
various engineering disciplines and service centers to balance
supply of materials and demand to achieve and maintain build and
test schedule for precision optical instruments.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Supply and Demand Planning in a
manufacturing environment preferred.
- Strong competence with Excel Microsoft Project.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and be
proficient in interacting in a cross functional department
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills for managing
multiple issues until resolution.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and exercise
sound business judgment with critical thinking skills and high
ethical standards, while being a team player.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance (US citizenship
Key Functions and Duties
- Generate, plan, schedule and coordinate fabrication of
materials, parts, and assemblies through the fabrication cycle
according to due dates to meet contractual requirements and program
objectives. Arranges transfer of materials to meet schedules and
- Review schedules and related information and confers with
cross-functional groups to determine requirements to identify
overdue materials, track and expedite material.
- Interface with other departments (Inventory, Shipping,
Engineering, Quality) to resolve problems with timely delivery or
disposition of non-conformances
- Develop, maintain and communicate regular program status
reports for internal customers to monitor and report progress to
- Coordinate with appropriate departments to ensure material
requirements are identified, on-hand or ordered as needed.
- Ability to learn and correctly interpret engineering
specifications and engineering drawings, including Geometric
Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5
- Read engineering assembly drawings and prepare assembly kits to
support build-up of assemblies.
- Identify, communicate and coordinate schedule changes due to
material or inventory challenges.
- Recommend plans for alternative fabrication schedules to
include identifying constraints, alternative solutions and recovery
- Initiate the creation of raw material requisitions and
appropriate schedules to support customer needs and inventory goals
along with follow up and management of raw material purchase
- Take initiative to resolve planning issues and participate with
fabrication teams to resolve fabrication and planning issues
- Provides internal stakeholders with accurate estimations of
booked capacity to allow accurate quoting of customer
- Responsible for maintaining planning parameters of
- Provide input to program management and engineering to
reschedule in case of design changes, labor and material shortages,
backlogs and other potential schedule interruptions
- Ensures that the demand input is in balance with capacity in
order to provide an achievable Master Plan.
- Evaluate key performance indicators and drive improvements
through strategy adjustments.
- Communicates effectively with machine shop personnel, program
management and engineering, and other service centers to
develop/improve fabrication plans and ensure schedules are
- Coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within
or between departments according to fabrication schedule.
- Contacts suppliers for information concerning product, safety,
price, reliability/quality, and delivery date.
- Ensures all activities performed are done so in compliance with
corporate and department policies.
- Perform other duties and assume responsibilities as appropriate
- Job frequently requires sitting, walking, standing and handling
objects in an office environment.
- Occasional exposure to manufacturing environment.
- Job may require kneeling, stooping, forward bending, reaching,
and occasionally lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and or
- Hearing requirement: Ability to tolerate loud noises from
various manufacturing machines.
SDL Benefits: SDL offers competitive salaries and benefits. As a
University Affiliated Research Center (UARC), SDL also offers
unique benefits, such as flexible work schedule and discounted USU
tuition of 50% for employees and dependents.
Keywords: Space Dynamics Laboratory, Logan , Fabrication Specialist, Other , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!