Business Assistant III
Company: Utah State University
Posted on: November 22, 2019
Position will utilize their knowledge and related experience to
coordinate business functions for USU Statewide Campuses. Functions
will include coordinating, initiating, completing, and facilitating
financial items as assigned. Position reports to the Business
Manager for USU Statewide Campuses. Position has no supervisory
- Work as scholarship liaison between Statewide Campuses and the
Scholarship Office. Work with the centers to provide scholarship
policy guidance and ensure that awards are available for student
applications. Oversee the specified recipient process for Statewide
- Coordinate with the Scholarship Office on applying funds to
- Complete monthly reconciliation of financial records for
- Assist with the completion of monthly financial reports.
- Provide oversight and reporting on the central Statewide Campus
funds, including the central marketing, central instruction and
central student fee funds.
- Assist with the generation of monthly student activity fee
reports for each Statewide Campus.
- Prepare and enter journal vouchers.
- Provide assistance to Statewide Campuses on the third-party
payment process, invoicing and reconciliations.
- Reconcile and complete monthly journal entries for the
Statewide Campuses CAPS fees, Library fees and IT charges.
- Produce invoices following agencies procedures and maintain
correspondence with agency personnel for Special Program
- Serve as the accounts receivable and cashiering liaison for
- Participate on the Statewide Campuses Business policy review
team in the areas of scholarships and cash handling.
- Develop and maintain record keeping systems.
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets and databases to track
- Provide support to the Financial Officer and/or Business
Managers, as needed
- Perform general office duties, including answering phones and
emails, greeting customers, data entry, filing, and other general
duties as assigned.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.Minimum
Qualifications Six years of related work experience; or an
associate degree/technical training plus four years of related work
experience; or a bachelors degree in a business field plus two
years of related work experience is required.Knowledge, Skills, and
- Knowledge of accounts reconciliation and ability to reconcile
- Knowledge of methods, practices, and terminology used in
preparing and maintaining financial and statistical
- Skilled with computer programs, including spreadsheets,
relational databases, and statistical packages.
- Skilled with basic office equipment, including printers,
copiers, and telephone systems.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential business data and
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills.Along with the online
application, please attach:
- Resume/CV to be uploaded at the beginning of your application
in the Candidate Profile under Resume/CV
- Cover Letter to be typed/pasted at the end of your
applicationDocument size may not exceed 10 MB.Commensurate with
experience plus excellent benefitsEmployees work indoors and are
protected from weather and/or contaminants, but not, necessarily,
occasional temperature changes. The employee is regularly required
to sit and often uses repetitive hand motions.Utah State University
(USU) was founded in 1888 and is honored to be Utahs land-grant and
space-grant university. USU is a Carnegie RU/H (Research
University/High Research Activity) institution with approximately
28,000 students (25,000 undergraduates and 3,000 graduate students)
on the Logan main campus, four regional campuses, two USU Eastern
campuses, and 28 centers throughout the state. USU offers 162
undergraduate majors, 153 graduate programs, and a variety of
innovative stackable associate and certificate credentials. The
2018 rankings from Washington Monthly ranked USU as one of the top
30 national Universities and the 5th best public national
university in the nation. As one of the two premier research
institutions in Utah, USU is proud to provide a high-quality
education at an affordable price. Additional information about Utah
State University can be found at:
https://www.usu.edu/about/at-a-glance/.A core characteristic of USU
is engagement with communities and people in economic development,
improvements to quality of life, and human capital. Through the
practical application of knowledge, the University and its faculty
engage and share expertise with the state, nation, and world,
preserving the historical land-grant tradition of partnering with
communities to address critical societal issues in the interest of
the public good.The USU main campus is located in beautiful Logan,
Utah; a city of about 50,000 situated in a picturesque mountain
valley about 80 miles north of Salt Lake City. Outstanding
recreational opportunities abound in the nearby mountains and
proximate region. Additional information about Logan can be found
recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in
enriching the employment experience of its employees and in
supporting the universitys academic mission of learning, discovery,
and engagement (https://www.usu.edu/president/missionstatement/).
USU is an AA/EO employer and does not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information,
sexual orientation or gender identity/expression, disability,
status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by
University policy or local, state, or federal law. Learn more at
https://equity.usu.edu/. USU is sensitive to the needs of dual
career couples and provides a Dual Career Assistance program.
Additional information can be found at:
ID: 2019-2155 Street: 8800 Old Main Hill Job Classification:
Non-Exempt Name: Business Services Name: Bus Svs-Regional
Keywords: Utah State University, Logan , Business Assistant III, Other , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!