Electrical Design Engineer
Company: Campbell Scientific, Inc.
Posted on: March 13, 2023
Electrical Design Engineer
(1 permanent position, located in Logan, UT)
Department: Research & Development > Electrical Engineering
Status: Full-Time, Salary, Exempt
Our teams design and build products that make a difference to people all over the world. Whether the application is small or large, we take pride in what we design, build, and provide to our customers. Our teams approach every problem with integrity, curiosity and creativity, in order to continually work towards creating better products that solve real-world problems. We are seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to join us and help us work towards designing and creating the best possible solutions to meet the evolving needs of our global customers.
We Are Campbell Scientific
We work to make a difference and help those working to advance science and technology for the benefit of humankind. Through our advanced measurement systems, our goal is to provide key insights to people using science and technology to solve massive global challenges including severe weather, climate change, limited natural resources, sustainable food production, energy production and distribution, and infrastructure safety.
What's in it For You?
- Industry competitive salaries
- A premium benefits package. We have competitive Paid Time Off; Medical, Dental, Vision, and Hearing Insurance with no premiums based on Full Time 40-hour weeks; Long-Term and Short-Term Disability; AD&D; 401(k) and a Profit-Sharing Plan; and Gym Memberships.
- A great work culture where we work hard and make the time to enjoy both our work and the people around us
- Challenging and engaging work that makes a difference on a global scale
What You'll Work On
The Electrical Design Engineer (EDE) plans, designs, tests, and maintains electronic hardware and software with an emphasis on electronic hardware development. The EDE confers with CSI personnel, customers, and others to design and develop the embedded firmware. They must convey these designs to production and marketing personnel with clear communication and proper documentation. The EDE uses engineering design software, laboratory instruments, and other equipment to perform assignments by applying principles and techniques of electrical engineering and computer science. The EDE understands complex engineering concepts and utilizes this knowledge to advance new, user-friendly, state-of-the-art equipment and systems. The EDE may, at times, have responsibility for training, mentoring, or supervising other technical staff as well as project management.
You'll Support Your Team by Performing the Following Key Tasks
Create and maintain a strong culture in accordance with the Campbell Scientific's core ARCTIC values -- Accountability, Respect, Client-Centric, Teamwork, Innovation, Continuous Improvement
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent education
- Minimum 1 year of relevant practical experience in employment or college projects
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, preferred
- Expertise in developing the following:
- Analog circuitry and signal conditioning
- Mixed signal systems - ADCs and DACs
- Digital circuitry and microcontrollers
- Hardware-level "bare-metal" embedded code
- Communication hardware and software including USB, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, RS-232, CAN, SDI-12, WIFI, Bluetooth, GPS, SD memory, etc.
- Power supplies
- Proficient in programming theory and syntax including C, C++, etc.
- General knowledge of electronic schematics, circuit boards, processors, integrated circuits, electronic test equipment, and computer hardware and software
- Knowledge and application of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and physics
- Ability to fulfil work responsibilities under moderate supervision, in team settings, as well as individually.
- Demonstrated competence in verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience in analytical, strategic, and innovative thinking
Experience in developing any of the following, preferred:
- High performance analog
- Switching power supplies
- Ultra-low power electronics
- Wireless communications interfaces like spread-spectrum radios, cellular networks, Wi-Fi, LoRa, IoT, Bluetooth, etc.
- Multi-core processors
- Digital signal processing hardware and algorithms
- FPGAs using Verilog or VHDL
Additional experience, preferred:
- Working in fields relating to physical or earth sciences, particularly involving measurements, data collection, and data processing
- 3+ years of relevant practical experience
This is an office environment where 90% or more of the time will be spent on a computer.
Sitting for extending periods. Standing, bending, and twisting consistent with normal business operations in an office setting. Use of desktop PC for extended periods during a standard workday.
Want to know more about Campbell Scientific, the culture, and more? Use the following YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hiH_2Mrkmo
Want to see what other opportunities there are to join our team? Visit CampbellSci.com/open-positions
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned.
Campbell Scientific is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Electrical Design Engineer
Keywords: Campbell Scientific, Inc., Logan , Electrical Design Engineer, Professions , Logan, Utah
here to apply!