Company: GMC Specialties
Posted on: March 18, 2023
GMC SpecialtiesConstruction Supervisor / $20.0-$22.0 per hour /
Logan , UTMust Haves:
Giving full attention to what other
people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made,
asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at
inappropriate times.Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself,
other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take
corrective action.Talking to others to convey information
effectively.Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and
weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to
problems.Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work
related documents.Why Us:Job Description:Basic Skills
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking
time to understand the points being made, asking questions as
appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other
individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and
weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related
- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Bringing others together and trying to reconcile
- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they
react as they do.
- Teaching others how to do something.
- Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.Complex
Problem Solving Skills
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information
to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.Technical
- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or
processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a
- Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a
machine is working properly.
- Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do
- Controlling operations of equipment or systems.System Skills
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential
actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Determining how a system should work and how changes in
conditions, operations, and the environment will affect
- Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and
the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to
the goals of the system.Resource Management Skills
- Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work,
identifying the best people for the job.
- Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and
accounting for these expenditures.
- Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment,
facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.Desktop
- Databases -- Using a computer application to manage large
amounts of information, including creating and editing simple
databases, inputting data, retrieving specific records, and
creating reports to communicate the information.
- Graphics -- Working with pictures in graphics programs or other
applications, including creating simple graphics, manipulating the
appearance, and inserting graphics into other programs.
- Internet -- Using a computer application to create, manipulate,
edit, and show virtual slide presentations.
- Navigation -- Using scroll bars, a mouse, and dialog boxes to
work within the computer's operating system. Being able to access
and switch between applications and files of interest.
- Presentations -- Navigating the Internet to find information,
including the ability to open and configure standard browsers; use
searches, hypertext references, and transfer protocols; and send
and retrieve electronic mail (e-mail).
- Spreadsheets -- Using a computer application to enter,
manipulate, and format text and numerical data; insert, delete, and
manipulate cells, rows, and columns; and create and save
worksheets, charts, and graphs.
- Word Processing -- Using a computer application to type text,
insert pictures, format, edit, print, save, and retrieve word
- Plan, schedule, or coordinate construction project activities
to meet deadlines.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to
representatives of the owner or developer, including administrative
staff, workers, or clients.
- Direct and supervise construction or related workers.
- Prepare contracts or negotiate revisions to contractual
agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, or
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or
design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work
procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Plan, organize, or direct activities concerned with the
construction or maintenance of structures, facilities, or
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building
and safety codes or other regulations.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites
to ensure that proper construction procedures are being
- Implement new or modified plans in response to delays, bad
weather, or construction site emergencies.
- Develop or implement quality control programs.
- Requisition supplies or materials to complete construction
- Determine labor requirements for dispatching workers to
- Contract or oversee craft work, such as painting or
- Getting Information
- Scheduling Work and Activities
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
- Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
- Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others
- Interacting With Computers
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Developing and Building Teams
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with
StandardsDetailed Work Activities
- Analyze data to determine project feasibility.
- Analyze forecasting data to improve business decisions.
- Communicate organizational information to customers or other
- Communicate organizational policies and procedures.
- Determine operational compliance with regulations or
- Develop environmental remediation or protection plans.
- Develop operating strategies, plans, or procedures.
- Develop procedures to evaluate organizational activities.
- Develop sustainable organizational policies or practices.
- Direct facility maintenance or repair activities.
- Estimate green project costs.
- Estimate labor requirements.
- Evaluate green operations or programs for compliance with
standards or regulations.
- Implement organizational process or policy changes.
- Investigate industrial or transportation accidents.
- Manage construction activities.
- Model operational processes.
- Negotiate project specifications.
- Prepare financial documents, reports, or budgets.
- Prepare forms or applications.
- Prepare operational budgets for green energy or other green
- Purchase materials, equipment, or other resources.
- Recruit personnel.
- Review blueprints or other instructions to determine
operational methods or sequences.
- Supervise employees.
- Train employees on environmental awareness, conservation, or
safety topics.About Us:Your industry-leading Commercial or
Residential Construction Support services covering the Wasatch
Front. We provide Junk Removal, Dumpster Rental, Construction Site
Cleanup, Construction Debris Removal, Yard Debris Removal, Roll Off
Dumpster Rental, Environmental Cleanup, Disaster Cleanup, Flood
Cleanup, Emergency Cleaning, Concrete Breaking, Concrete Removal,
plus New Driveways, Sidewalks, Patios; including all New Pouring of
all Concrete Flat Work. Debris Removal, Trucking - Hauling, Dirt
Hauling and more. Also, we are a Construction Waste Disposal and
Residential Yard Trash Hauling Company. We have the skill and
experience necessary to serve as your full-service Construction
Support Company offering the highest quality services and customer
care.With over 33 years of experience, our locally owned & operated
Company offers Respect, Trust, Dedication, Integrity and Commitment
to meeting Your Needs and Exceeding Your Expectations. We strive to
deliver complete Customer Satisfaction on every project with
expediency, fair pricing and exceptional Customer Service.CMG
Demolition & Construction provides You and Your Project with
Industry Leading Expertise, High Quality Equipment and Professional
Crews. Further, all of our Employees have Safety Training which we
take seriously. All of our Work is done Quickly and Proficiently,
saving you time and money.Posted: 7 daysBenefits:
- Education Assistance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Life InsurancePandoLogic. Keywords: Construction
Superintendent, Location: Logan, UT - 84322
Keywords: GMC Specialties, Logan , Construction Supervisor, Professions , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...