Company: Ralph L. Wadsworth Construction
Posted on: October 12, 2018
A Laborer is generally qualified to perform and has had experience in any combination of following tasks, such as erecting, repairing, and wrecking buildings and bridges; requiring little or no independent judgment. Performs a variety of routine, non-machine tasks, such as removing forms from set concrete, filling expansion joints, etc. Generally, the Laborer level II assists Carpenters, Finishers, Equipment Operators, and other skill craft workers. Many of these jobs are not full time, the size of the project and organization of the work determining whether a worker spends all his time on one job or is transferred from task to task as the project progresses to completion. Some workers habitually work in one branch of the industry, whereas others transferred from task to task as the project progresses to completion or according to the availability of work or on a seasonal basis. May be designated according to specific work performed.
Laborer responsibilities and abilities include but are not limited to the list below. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cleans work areas, tools, equipment, materials etc.
- Lifts, carries, and holds building materials, tools, and supplies.
- Digs, spreads, and levels dirt and gravel, using pick, rake, and shovel.
- Moving and transferring from job to job as projects progress and work is available.
- Work with other workers in a cooperative manner.
- General labor work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A minimum of 6 months to 2 years of experience in construction laborer type work.
- Transportation to work
- Work Safely
- Be able to carry 70 lbs. or more
- High School diploma/GED preferred.
- Willing to do general laborer work (e.g. Sweep, clean up job site, run errands, use hammer and saw, dig trenches, etc.)
- Flexible availability to include overtime and weekends.
- Valid Driver's license
- Must be willing to work 65+ hours a week during the summer months
Keywords: Ralph L. Wadsworth Construction, Logan , Construction Laborer, Professions , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!