Custodian - Facilities Service Rep II
Posted on: January 25, 2023
OverviewThe successful candidate will perform custodial and
other miscellaneous duties to ensure that buildings are attractive,
sanitary, and safe environments for students, staff, and public.
They will follow daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning schedules for
classrooms, kitchens, office areas, bathrooms, storage areas, and
entrances. They will also direct other employees and oversee work
activities for the purpose of ensuring assignments are completed in
a safe, proper, and timely manner.Responsibilities
- Cleans buildings in assigned area, providing a healthy living
environment for residents to live in.
- Cleans carpets in assigned areas.
- Supervises and manages employee workloads and productivity.
Responsible for assigning tasks, training, giving instruction, and
inspecting the quality of work, as well as meeting deadlines.
- Ensures policy adherence.
- Maintains a safe work environment by providing safety equipment
and resources for self and hourly workers. Reports any areas of
concern to supervisor or dispatch.
- Trains new employees by providing hands-on experience with
equipment and procedures.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and
supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and
- Creates and maintains a positive teamwork environment to
achieve desired results.
- Participates in staff meetings and trainings as assigned.
- Performs other miscellaneous job-related duties as
- One year of commercial cleaning experience is
- Basic computer skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and
- Skilled in the use of various hand and power tools common to
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Flexibility to clean multiple sites on a given day.Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques and standards.
- Knowledge of basic hand tools and equipment used in routine
- Knowledge of safe work practices.
- Ability to learn and care for an assigned area and
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment, such as vacuums, carpet
extractors, burnishers, etc.
- Ability to understand chemical cleaning application and
- Ability to identify maintenance problems that need the
attention of repair personnel.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to learn through observation and hands on
- Ability to perform tasks without close supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure; meeting multiple and
sometimes conflicting deadlinesRequired DocumentsAlong with the
online application, please attach:
- Resume C/V to be uploaded at the beginning of your application
in the Candidate Profile under Resume/CV**Document size may not
exceed 10 MB.**Advertised Salary$28,000 - $30,000 dependent on
experience, plus excellent benefitsADAEmployees work indoors and
are protected from weather and/or contaminants, but not,
necessarily, occasional temperature changes. This position requires
moderate physical activity, including the handling of objects up to
25 pounds and/or standing or walking more than one hour per
day.University HighlightsUtah State University (USU) was founded in
1888 and is Utahs land-grant and space-grant university. USU is one
of only 146 research institutions in the U.S. classified as R1 very
high research activity by the Carnegie Classification of
Institutions of Higher Education. As one of the two premier
research institutions in Utah, USU provides a high-quality
education at an affordable price. With its main campus in Logan,
the university serves approximately 27,500 students, including
24,255 undergraduates and 3,171 graduate students. USU Online has
served students from all 50 states and 55 countries for 25 years.
-USUs statewide system features three residential campuses, 30
total campus locations, and 23 Extension education centers. The
university employs 903 full-time faculty members, 124 executive
administrators, and 1,649 full-time support staff. USU offers 115
undergraduate majors, as well as 91 masters and 42 doctoral
degrees. Learn more about USU. -A core characteristic of USU is
engagement with communities and people in economic development,
improvements to quality of life, and human capital. -Through the
practical application of knowledge, the University and its faculty
engage and share expertise with the state, nation, and world,
preserving the historical land-grant tradition of partnering with
communities to address critical societal issues in the interest of
the public good. -The USU main campus is located in beautiful
-Logan, Utah, a city of about 50,000 situated in a picturesque
mountain valley about 80 miles north of Salt Lake City. Outstanding
recreational opportunities abound in the nearby mountains and
proximate region. -USU is sensitive to the needs of dual career
couples and provides a -Dual Career Assistance program -to support
careers for partners who are also seeking employment. -USU
endeavors to provide reasonable accommodations to ensure equal
access in all aspects of employment to qualified persons with
disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation for a
disability, please contact the universitys ADA Coordinator in the
Human Resource office at 435-797-0122 or submit a request at
firstname.lastname@example.org. -USU Land AcknowledgmentPlease visit our website to
learn about Utah States land acknowledgment of the eight tribes of
Utah. -Notice of Non-discriminationIn its programs and activities,
including in admissions and employment, Utah State University does
not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment,
based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status
protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal,
state, or local law.The following individuals have been designated
to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its
implementing regulations and/or USUs non-discrimination policies:
-Executive Director of the Office of Equity Matthew Pinner,
-email@example.com, -Distance Education Rm. 401,
435-797-1266Title IX Coordinator -Matthew Pinner, -firstname.lastname@example.org,
Distance Education Rm. 404, 435-797-1266Mailing address: 5100 Old
Main Hill, Logan, Ut 84322For further information regarding
non-discrimination, please visit -https://equity.usu.edu/, or
contact:U.S. Department of Education, -Office of Assistant
Secretary for Civil Rights, -800-421-3481, OCR@ed.govU.S.
Department of Education, -Denver Regional Office, 303-844-5695,
-OCR.Denver@ed.gov -*updated 11/2022
Keywords: UNAVAILABLE, Logan , Custodian - Facilities Service Rep II, Sales , Logan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!